What Type of Mastopexy Would Be Best for my Size/shape Breast? (photo)

I'm 21 years old, no kids, gone through weigh fluctuations and I believe I have grade one breast ptosis. I wear a 34C bra and I am only interested in a lift. I really do not wish to have implants. I would be ok having smaller breasts as longer as they were nicely shaped.

Which Mastopexy Technique is Best for Me?

+1

With your degree of sagging from the photos you provided, you will most likely need a Short scar Vertical Breast lift (lollipop technique) for best results.
Without an exam and learning from you more information about your wishes of how perky you wish to be, it is hard to give you a definitive answer but your photos are pretty revealing.. The answer to your question lies in letting you surgeon know specifically what you would like to look like following the surgery. For example, how perky do you want to be, what shape do you want to have, etc.?  However from the one photo you provided it would appear that a lollipop type lift would be best for you. periareolar lift. Here is a rule of thumb that works for most patients. If you nipple is above your lower breast crease then often a periareolar lift will be sufficient for most patients. If your nipple is at or below your crease then a vertical lift (lollipop lift) is required for best results. Using a Donut Lift (periarolar) in these circumstances results in flattening of the breast and wide scars in many patients.

Best Type of Breast Lift for Me?

+1

Although not possible to give you precise advice without direct examination and/or viewing your goals  in person, I think you may be best off with a “vertical mastopexy”. This will involve an incision around the areola and along the vertical axis of the breasts.  I do not think that any lesser form of breast lift will provide you with a nice shape postoperatively.

I would suggest in-person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Minimal sag breast lifting

+1

Your photos suggest that your breasts may benefit from a vertical mastopexy design.  The areola may be reduced to balance the residual cone.  I am surprised that you wear a C cup currently, but you may find that a B cup would fit better after your lift without any augmentation.

Randy Wong, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Mastopexy approach

+1

You do not look like you have a lot of volume. If you want more fullness, you probably need breast implants and may be a candidate for just an areola reduction/lift.

Mastopexy options with minimal or grade one ptosis or breast sagging

+1

Based on your photo alone without the benefit of a full exam, you have mild or glandular ptosis meaning that your breast tissue has settled with weight fluctuations and gravity primarily in the lower pole or bottom of your breast.

If you have no interest in being larger, I would recommend a mastopexy or breast lift alone.  I would do this using a peri-areolar vertical scar mastopexy.  By this, I mean the scar will go around your nipple and extend from the lower edge of the areola straight down to the inframmary fold.  This will allow me to decrease the size of your areola as well as provide access to lift the underlying parenchyma or breast tissue.  This will give a pleasing shape to the breast by resuspending the tissues to where they were prior to the effects of weight loss and gravity.

Shankar Lakshman, MD
Pasadena Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lifting

+1

Your photos show mild ptosis, enlarged areolae, flat upper breast pole, and left breast slightly larger than right breast.  A minimal incision mastopexy such as with circumareolar pattern and lollipop will improve all of the above except the flat upper pole of the breast. If your priority is the shape and upper breast pole, a mastopexy alone will likely disappoint you. A consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon will help you delineate your priorities and treatment options.   

Chen Lee, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

You need to be seen first

+1

Everybody will tell you that you can have a minimal scar; however, you must be seen first in order to be evaluated. We would discuss your chest configuration and what you want. Sometimes implants alone suffice, scars can vary from circumareolar to lollypop to full anchor, depending on your desires and your breast configuration. Talk to a board certified plastic surgeon. Don't depend on opinions from the web.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Lejour vertical breast lift with lollipop scar is best for most women.

+1

Hi.

1)  You look like an ideal candidate for the lollipop breast lift.  Just going around the nipple would not give you good shape.  And the "anchor scar" approach is largely obsolete.

2)  You have slight asymmetry which is corrected at the same time.  Your breasts will not be smaller after lift.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Mastopexy

+1
Dear Rose, From the photos it seems you might benefit from a minimal incision Mastopexy ( lollipop incision). This type maintains your size but improves the shape of your breasts to make them more perky and more symmetric. Best of luck!

Dana Khuthaila, MD, FACS