I'm 5'2, 138 lbs. What's the Best Type of Liposuction for Me?

im 5'2 i weight like 138 im not fat just on my stomach. I want sculpt my waistline and get rid of me belly fat.i dont want to do like vibro lipo bc my older sister did it she lost too much blood i dont want that to happen to me. i really want to use my abdomen fat transfer to my butt and thighs but i really want to get rid of the fat under my navel. Thanks

Liposuction technique

+2

I always tell patients that it is not the wand but the magician holding the want that creates the magic.

Your best liposuction will minimize blood loss and maximize fat transfer

+1

Tumescent liposuction means using  a dilute solution of lidocaine to numb the area. It allows the procedure to be done without any need to be asleep. This has a great benefit in also reducing blood loss to as little as a tablespoon.

You would not want to use high pressure suction, laser, or ultrasound if you are hoping to re-use the fat cells. 

Gentle low pressure suction will be kind to the fat cells aspirated and improve their chance of survival if transplanted elsewhere. This could be done with the body jet method, or even just with a syringe.

Christopher J. Peers, MD
South Bend Facial Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction for fat transfer

+1

There are several liposuction techniques available, including tumescent, ultrasonic, power assisted, and laser assisted. Each has advantages and disadvantages and the choice of which technique to use depends on the specific requirements for each patient. If you want to have fat transferred to you buttock and thighs, your best option is tumescent liposuction as this technique will provide the best fat available for the augmentation. Fat is very fragile and it requires special handling for use in fat transfer.

I would recommend a consultation Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your options.

Best regards, Andrew Lyos, MD, FACS

Andrew T. Lyos, MD, FACS

Different types of liposuction

+1

There are a number of different types of liposuction available - tumescent, ultrasound, power assisted, and laser assisted. All have different advantages and disadvantages, and you should consult in person with a board certified plastic surgeon before proceeding with surgery.

Olivia Hutchinson, MD

Brazilian butt lift

+1

Cherry,

The key in your question is the fact that you want to transfer the fat from your tummy to your buttocks.  For that to be effective you should have regular old traditional liposuction.  It will preserve more of the fat cells to give you a better buttock result.  Also, you look young with good skin elasticity and are treating an area that is considered non fibrous (soft) fat and really doesn't require newer technologies.  See a board certified plastic surgeon in your area for a consultation.  Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

Type of Liposuction

+1

What's the Best Type of Liposuction for Me?

The type of liposuction does not matter if you are just get liposuction.  It is the operator (your surgeon) who will determine how good of a result you would get, not the machine used.  However, since you are referring to a Brazilian Butt Lift, then you would need traditional liposuction of a low suction setting to harvest the fat needed for the augmentation of your buttocks.

Hope that helps.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Sowing the seeds: Fat cells are seeds that must be treated gently

+1

Laser and ultrasonic harvested fat cannot be used for injection because the fat cells are essentially destroyed by the process. This would be similar t taking seeds and grinding them up in a blender, planting them in the ground and expecting them to grow. The fat must be obtained with a technique that respects the integrity of the fat cell and transfers them with the least amount of trauma to a well vascularized and healthy bed in order to optimize the outcome.

Liposuction technique

+1

There are many effective liposuction techniques. I would use standard traditional liposuction using tumescent fluid (which reduces risks for blood loss), and then a power-assisted cannula for evacuation. This is a very effective, safe way to perform liposuction with excellent results and minimal risk in good candidates. Surgery is by far better than any laser, or non-invasive means. Ultrasound or laser assisted liposuction (to liquify the fat)  is not needed to improve results, and I only use these techniques in hard-to-extract areas such as the upper back. Skin tightening effect is mostly related to inherent skin elasticity and not technique. 

Hayley Brown, MD

Liposuction for fat transfer

+1

I would recommend syringe assisted liposuction (non-laser) of the area you wish to remove the fat. The harvested fat would then be carefully purified so that only the best donor fat cells are reinjected back into your buttocks with a very fine cannula for augmentation. This technique is commonly referred to as the Brazilian Butt Lift.

Look for a board certified plastic surgeon surgeon who is highly experienced with fat transfer techniques which yield a permanent and long lasting result. Correct injection methods are essential to achieve a uniform, smooth, natural appearance to the buttocks.

Ricardo L. Rodriguez, MD

Liposuction and fat injections

+1

If you want fat harvested for buttock augmentation, it can be harvested by syringe first and then any form of liposuction can be done, but this is time consuming for the amount of fat needed for a typical buttock augmentation. Conventional tumescent liposuction or water jet liposuction might be done without interefering with the quality of fat cells to be harvested and used for your injections (but water jet is new and should be proven more). Smart Lipo could not be done prior to the fat harvest as the fat would be damaged, as it would with ultrasonic liposuction.

Ronald Shelton, MD