What Type of Lipo Would Be Best for my Me? (photo)

Hello, I am 24 going to 25. I am 5'1 and weight 175, I want to remove, thigh, love handles,upper/lower belly, Flanks, jaw, and arm fat. Maybe put some of the fat in my butt (don't have any not shaped well). I let myself go after working in a Domestic Violence Shelter. I want to go back to 135 lbs. I believe the lipo will be a good start and motivation and getting back on track. I would really appreciate your response.

Which Form Of Liposuction Is Best For Me?

+3

First, thank you for the photos; they help a great deal.  The important thing to remember about liposuction is that it is a contouring tool, not a weight loss tool.    This means that for you to accomplish the goals you stated you wanted to achieve, you need to address the weight issue first and the contour issues second.  I would suggest you begin with a combination of exercise and diet to get within 15 pounds of your target weight.  At that time, liposuction may be a good choice for helping address those problem areas that are resistant to diet and exercise.  Patients who have the best long term results with liposuction are ones who have done the required work to prepare their bodies for liposuction before the surgery, not after surgery.

As far as which type of liposuction is best; the real "art" of liposuction is in the surgeon, not the technology.  This is why a very good liposuction surgeon can achieve excellent results with any one of the numerous types of liposuction out there.  Most of the supposed "Advantages" of the different forms of liposuction are the creation of a marketing campaign and not the proven results of a blinded, peer-reviewed study. 

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

What Type of Lipo Would Be Best for my Me?

+3

The type of liposuction is of little importance. It is the hands, eyes, artistry and experience wielding the equipment that determines the outcome.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Liposuction recommendation

+2

Generally, if you are more than about 10 or 15 pounds above your target weight, it would be best to get that extra weight off before having surgery.  Using liposuction to "motivate" you to lose weight is probably not the best strategy. You probably need to demonstrate to your self that you have the internal motivation to lose weight, because if you do not you may think later that you can use liposuction as a crutch to lose weight, which is wrong, as opposed to using it properly to target certain areas.  I would recommend that you lose about 20-25 of those extra pounds, reassess the areas that bother you, and you may find that several of the "problem" areas are no longer a problem. Best of luck to you.

James E. Chappell, MD

Type of liposuction

+2

Thank you for the question. Looking at your photos and based on your weight and height, I think you should lose weight before having liposuction. In general, liposuction is not a weight loss procedure. It is a body contouring procedure for patients who are in ideal weight. As for the best liposuction technique, it depends on surgeons preference and experience. Ultimately it is about results. If the results are good, then it does not matter what technique used.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Liposuction is a great motivator and can be done now.

+1

You would need 3 liposuction procedures to accomplish all the areas you want liposculpted. These could be done a week apart and under local anesthesia so it would be safer and you would be able to stand up and turn so the doc can fine tune everything to get the best results. Expect to spend roughly $5-6000 per procedure on special and you can be back to work in 2 days in most cases. You of coarse need to diet and exercise a lot and need to be in good health. Your doc can tell you what type of lipo he/she thinks is best and trust them and follow their advise. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD 

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon