What Type of Lift is Needed For Me? (photo)

Would I be able to get away with having a lollipop lift? I have heard that it is longer lasting than the anchor lift? Is this true? Or is my sagging so server that I would need an anchor? Also I would like to add an implant too (I am a C and would like o add to D) would that have an effect on the type of lift and cause more sagging if it is too heavy? How long would the recovery be for either lift?

What Type of Lift

+1
This is a common question as we all want to minimize the incisions and scars if at all possible. There are several types of lifts that can be used to treat the specific needs of each patient.

In your particular case I think you would need some horizontal component to your lift to give you the best overall result. There is really no difference in how long your lift will last between a vertical and an anchor lift.
The recovery will be similar for both lifts. You should plan on taking it easy for the first week and refraining from any strenuous activity for at least the first two weeks.

I would make sure that you spend some time with your plastic surgeon going over sizes. You should also consider taking him or her pictures to make sure that you are both on the same page about the results you are hoping to achieve.

Breast lift with a vertical component plus implants may be your best option

+1
Based on your photographs you definitely will need a vertical component to your breast lift.  My guess based on the amount of skin excess that you have You will likely need a small  inverted T or anchor component to your breast lift for the best result.

Please could be concerned about your final result and not so much concerned about the type of scar that you will have.  Once you have beautiful breast you will be happy with them in the scars will not detract.

Since you only want to go up 1 cup size a small implant in the 250 cc range may be all that you need and that should not pose a risk for causing sagging of your breast.

For more information on combination breast lift and augmentation please read the following link:

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Lollipop Lift with Auto-augmentation =/- small implant

+1

I would recommend a Lollipop Lift with Auto-Augmentation Technique if you are happy with your current breast volume.   If you desire an increase, an implant could be placed at the same time in the subpectoral pocket.

If you are happy with your current volume, but simply want the volume back where it used to be, you may be an excellent candidate for a breast lift with auto-augmentation.
This is my primary method of breast lift in patients who do not require a breast implant.  This will provide natural results with suture resuspension of the breast tissue to the upper pole producing fullness/cleavage without tension on your skin.   This will minimize stretching of the skin longterm.  
Also, by avoiding the long horizontal scar, you will be able to show cleavage without visible scars and where swimsuits and bras that easily camouflage all your scars. 

This allows for a long lasting result because the breast tissue itself has been lifted, not just the surrounding skin.
I wish you a safe recovery and fabulous result!
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Breast lift type

+1

I would need to examine you to give you a definite recommendation.  As you may know, there are four types of mastopexy: 1) Periareolar, 2) Circumareolar (donut), 3) Circumvertical (lollipop), 4) Wise-pattern, full lift (Anchor).  Depending on the degree of ptosis (sagging), you will need different types of mastopexy.  In general, as one needs more lift, the scar pattern becomes more complex.  Please visit with a board-certified plastic surgeon so that she/he can evaluate you and review the options for you.

Sugene Kim, MD

Mastopexy choices and implants.

+1

The decision as to the scar pattern for a mastopexy depends upon the amount of excess skin. In women with good skin tone and minimal nipple drop, a circumareolar lift works well. For more severe ptosis (drooping), a vertical lift (lollipop scar) allows for a more perky lift while removing the excessive skin. Severe ptosis often requires an anchor scar to remove both the vertical and horizontal excess of breast skin. By adding an implant, volume is added to the breast which often reduces the amount of skin removal which is necessary for an attractive result. Recommendation is to see more than one Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for a consultation to find out what will work best for you.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Hard to tell by the photo

+1

Breast lifting generally can be ordered depending on your degree of droopiness or "ptosis".  If it is minimal, a circumareolar or "donut" mastopexy alone may be suffcient (usually with an implant to add volume and shape).  For more droopiness, the "lollipop" or vertical lift involves the circumareolar plus the scar down to the fold.  For the most, the "anchor" or "inverted T" adds a scar along the fold.

There is a misconception that a lift will be "better" or last longer with an implant.  This is due to the enhanced shape and fullness from the implant, if indicated.  However, sagging will recur eventually despite the best lift and yes, a heavier/larger implant can certainly contribute due to gravity.

Visit a plastic surgeon for a consultation to discuss all of your options.  

David J. Levens, MD
Coral Springs Plastic Surgeon

What Type of Lift is Needed For Me?

+1

Thanks for the one posted photo. Unfortunately the under exposure and arm in the up position does not make answering your issues easy. Best to be seen in person by boarded PSs in your area. My opinion is a "full/anchor" lift. In fact I would do the full lift in operation 1 than if an implant is needed have a secondary operation so as to obtain a larger sized implant.

Lift options

+1

An in -office exam is the best way to figure out what operative options you have.  With your arms in the air it is dificult to say.  Also, what about volume?  DO you want more?  A lollipop lift is certainly an option and so to is an anchor type incision.

Lollipop lift and augmentation

+1

I think you may be a good candidate for these procedures. I would recommend you see a board certified plastic surgeon to evaluate you and see you in person to definitively determine if you are a good candidate. There is no difference in durability of result lollipop vs. anchor. Generally breast implant in conjunction with this procedure would go under your chest muscle, so should not put great deal of weight on your breast; howeve,r the bigger the implant, the greater the risk for sagging. Recovery to get to activity is about 2 weeks, but you should not do heavy lifting for 4-8 weeks after, depending on what your surgeon says. Best of luck!

Michele A. Shermak, MD

Breast lift differential

+1

Your pictures are quite useful, however nothing beats a physical exam and full discussion of all your options.  It appears as if your nipples are below the fold under your breasts ( i.e. the inframammary fold) and therefore we would recommend a lift, most likely a vertical mastopexy, or lollipop.  Frequently we recommend an implant under the muscle to act as a scaffolding to build the new breast on.

Talmage J. Raine MD FACS

Talmage J. Raine, MD