What Type of Lift is Needed For Me? (photo)

Would I be able to get away with having a lollipop lift? I have heard that it is longer lasting than the anchor lift? Is this true? Or is my sagging so server that I would need an anchor? Also I would like to add an implant too (I am a C and would like o add to D) would that have an effect on the type of lift and cause more sagging if it is too heavy? How long would the recovery be for either lift?

Lollipop Lift with Auto-augmentation =/- small implant

+1

I would recommend a Lollipop Lift with Auto-Augmentation Technique if you are happy with your current breast volume.   If you desire an increase, an implant could be placed at the same time in the subpectoral pocket.

If you are happy with your current volume, but simply want the volume back where it used to be, you may be an excellent candidate for a breast lift with auto-augmentation.
This is my primary method of breast lift in patients who do not require a breast implant.  This will provide natural results with suture resuspension of the breast tissue to the upper pole producing fullness/cleavage without tension on your skin.   This will minimize stretching of the skin longterm.  
Also, by avoiding the long horizontal scar, you will be able to show cleavage without visible scars and where swimsuits and bras that easily camouflage all your scars. 

This allows for a long lasting result because the breast tissue itself has been lifted, not just the surrounding skin.
I wish you a safe recovery and fabulous result!
Dr. Gill

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

Breast lift type

+1

I would need to examine you to give you a definite recommendation.  As you may know, there are four types of mastopexy: 1) Periareolar, 2) Circumareolar (donut), 3) Circumvertical (lollipop), 4) Wise-pattern, full lift (Anchor).  Depending on the degree of ptosis (sagging), you will need different types of mastopexy.  In general, as one needs more lift, the scar pattern becomes more complex.  Please visit with a board-certified plastic surgeon so that she/he can evaluate you and review the options for you.

Mastopexy choices and implants.

+1

The decision as to the scar pattern for a mastopexy depends upon the amount of excess skin. In women with good skin tone and minimal nipple drop, a circumareolar lift works well. For more severe ptosis (drooping), a vertical lift (lollipop scar) allows for a more perky lift while removing the excessive skin. Severe ptosis often requires an anchor scar to remove both the vertical and horizontal excess of breast skin. By adding an implant, volume is added to the breast which often reduces the amount of skin removal which is necessary for an attractive result. Recommendation is to see more than one Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for a consultation to find out what will work best for you.

Web reference: http://www.drbogue.com

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Hard to tell by the photo

+1

Breast lifting generally can be ordered depending on your degree of droopiness or "ptosis".  If it is minimal, a circumareolar or "donut" mastopexy alone may be suffcient (usually with an implant to add volume and shape).  For more droopiness, the "lollipop" or vertical lift involves the circumareolar plus the scar down to the fold.  For the most, the "anchor" or "inverted T" adds a scar along the fold.

There is a misconception that a lift will be "better" or last longer with an implant.  This is due to the enhanced shape and fullness from the implant, if indicated.  However, sagging will recur eventually despite the best lift and yes, a heavier/larger implant can certainly contribute due to gravity.

Visit a plastic surgeon for a consultation to discuss all of your options.  

Web reference: http://www.drlevens.com

Coral Springs Plastic Surgeon

What Type of Lift is Needed For Me?

+1

Thanks for the one posted photo. Unfortunately the under exposure and arm in the up position does not make answering your issues easy. Best to be seen in person by boarded PSs in your area. My opinion is a "full/anchor" lift. In fact I would do the full lift in operation 1 than if an implant is needed have a secondary operation so as to obtain a larger sized implant.

Lift options

+1

An in -office exam is the best way to figure out what operative options you have.  With your arms in the air it is dificult to say.  Also, what about volume?  DO you want more?  A lollipop lift is certainly an option and so to is an anchor type incision.

Lollipop lift and augmentation

+1

I think you may be a good candidate for these procedures. I would recommend you see a board certified plastic surgeon to evaluate you and see you in person to definitively determine if you are a good candidate. There is no difference in durability of result lollipop vs. anchor. Generally breast implant in conjunction with this procedure would go under your chest muscle, so should not put great deal of weight on your breast; howeve,r the bigger the implant, the greater the risk for sagging. Recovery to get to activity is about 2 weeks, but you should not do heavy lifting for 4-8 weeks after, depending on what your surgeon says. Best of luck!

Web reference: http://www.drshermak.com/breast-surgery-baltimore/breast-augmentation-with-lift/

Breast lift differential

+1

Your pictures are quite useful, however nothing beats a physical exam and full discussion of all your options.  It appears as if your nipples are below the fold under your breasts ( i.e. the inframammary fold) and therefore we would recommend a lift, most likely a vertical mastopexy, or lollipop.  Frequently we recommend an implant under the muscle to act as a scaffolding to build the new breast on.

Talmage J. Raine MD FACS

First of all, you'll need an implant

+1

Thanks for the photo, it helps in our assessment. Any time a lift or mastopexy is performed I tell patients to expect to drop at least a 1/2 cup size, and sometimes even more.  As you reshape the breast with the work done internally you take away skin and change the position of the volume.  Therefore you will always be slightly smaller, perkier, but smaller.  The reason I say you'll need an implant is because you want to be a D.  There is no operation I know that can make you go from a C cup to a D cup with a lift, without an implant. 

I will not say that one procedure is "better" because it all depends upon what you need.  That can only be determined by a consultation from a board certified plastic surgeon near you ( and there is no shortage of those in South Florida).  I prefer to do a vertical or lollipop lift as it gives me many options in terms of treatment and minimizes the scars.  I might change my opinion if I saw you in person, but anytime I can minimize scars I try to do so. 

Schedule a consultation with one two or three plastic surgeons before making your opinion.  Good luck, Dr. Steven Schuster in Boca Raton.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Looks like you are very saggy

+1

Looks like you are very saggy, with your arms down I think you would be a grade 3 ptosis. Which for me means you would be helped with an implant, could be small, and a full anchor lift. Contrary to our prior doctor, I don't think you have enough breast tissue to give you a good lift. You have too much skin. The scar under your breast could be small, but would give you a quicker recovery and a better result. But, you still would need to be seen to be sure what would be best.

Web reference: http://www.wrmd.com