What type of Lift and implant would I need to even out my very asymmetrical breasts? (photo)

Would a Benelli Lift and implant be enough? I attached 3 photos, 2 of myself and 1 of what I want my breasts to look like. I do understand that I cannot achieve perfect results but I do want them to look as close to the picture as possible. Is this being too unrealistic? Could I do with just a Benelli Lift and Implant?

Dr. Kimberly Henry

+2

Hello, thank you for your question and photos! I do believe you can achieve great results with a breast augmentation with a lift. Also, a simpler approach may be just to do one implant on the smaller breast and leave the other side alone, if you are concerned with scars. I'd love to help, feel free to check out my website at drkimberlyhenry.com, email or call me with any of your concerns! Best of luck to you!

Greenbrae Plastic Surgeon

Benelli lift or circumvertical?

+2

Thank you for your question and photos. Based on the photos, you have a fairly significant difference in the size and the position of the breasts. The right breast is quite a bit larger and have more ptosis or sag. A Benelli lift may be possible on the left side, but the right side would likely need a circumvertical lift to create the best symmetry and shape for the breast. If you ask too much of a Benelli lift, the breast can get flattened out and you end up losing projection and therefore may not be able to achieve symmetry. I often tell patients that the trade off for shape is often a slightly larger scar.

Best of luck to you.

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift and Breast Augmentation

+2

the answer, in my opinion, is YES, a combination of augmentation with peri-areolar breast lift, if well planned and executed, could produce for you breasts similar to your desired result.

Steve Laverson, MD

Benelli lift will not give you symmetry

+2

Thank you for your question and photographs. The larger lower breast will need some form of vertical mastopexy or lift. A Bonelli may suffice on the smaller side.

I do think that you can achieve better symmetry and a nice result but you must fine the proper plastic surgeon.

Correcting breast asymmetry is a very complex art form that requires a very experienced and technically gifted surgeon. I recommend that you consult at least 2 plastic surgeons who are certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, very experienced in cosmetic breast surgery, members of the ASAPS and who have sterling reputation's in your community. If possible you should asked to see photographs of their results of surgery on patients who have rest asymmetry. Good luck

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Asymmetric Breasts

+2

To get your breasts to look like the breasts in the photo you attached, you will need a small augmentation on the right breast and a larger augmentation on the left breast. I wound use moderate profile round implants. Then a vertical mastopexy will giver you a nice lift and allow you to get the best symmetry between the two sides.

Good luck to you.

Gilbert Lee, MD

Options to improve your symmetry

+2

will vary considerably by whom you see. But you need to decide what your goals are. Is your larger breast big enough? If so, you need a lift and a Benelli will fail (or get your doctor to put it in writing that it will be good) and a vertical lift would be better. An implant and lift will be needed on your smaller side.

If you want to be bigger, implants will be needed on both sides and of different sizes or you can consider reducing/lifting your breasts then having implants placed at a later time. You need to understand the risks and likelihood of persistent asymmetries and need for revisions. Best wishes!

Curtis Wong, MD

What type of lift and implant would I need to even out my very asymmetrical breasts?

+2

I do not think a Benelli lift will be the best option and would recommend a circumvertical lift to achieve the level of lift that would produce nice contours and help to balance the breasts.

Mini Ultimate Breast Lift(TM) for asymmetry

+1
I recommend a new lift technique called The Mini Ultimate Breast Lift(TM). Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. At the same time, implants can be placed. This technique avoids the ugly vertical scars of the lollipop or boat anchor shaped incisions. Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant. Small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. A Benelli lift would not be adequate. Best Wishes, Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Type of lift

+1

I do not think that a Benelli lift will be adequate for ewither side and would therefore recommend a vertical mastopexy/lift.

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Augmentation Mastopexy For Breast Asymmetry

+1

There are several options:

A small lift on the right side, vertical might be a better choice and augmentation mastopexy on the left.

If you want the right to be larger, you will need to add an implant.

You can also use your own fat to enlarge the left side and avoid implants