What is the Best Type of Laser to Treat Rosacea?

Combined intense pulsed light and NdYAG laser is usually best for rosacea

Because rosacea often causes both diffuse pink or red discoloration and also discrete "broken" blood vessels on the surface of the skin, I find that most of my patients do best when treated with the Cutera LimeLight™ intense pulsed light, usually Program B, 15-17 J/cm2; followed immediately in the same session by CoolGlide™ 1064 nm NdYAG laser, 3 mm spot, 15 mSec, 175 J/cm2 to pick off the little blood vessels. Usually one session produces a very substantial improvement in the patient's appearance.

I prefer this to tunable dye laser, which can cause bruising and/or require multiple treatment sessions to obtain a good result. 532 nm [KTP] laser is too uncomfortable and has an increased risk of causing grooves where the vessels used to be.

Niagara Falls Dermatologic Surgeon