Which Type of Laser is Better for Facial Hair Removal?

I am very confused about what type of laser hair removal treatment I need. My skin is medium colored and I have hair on my chin and neck that are dark and relatively coarse. I sometimes burn but then turn tan quickly. I have read that the diode laser is better then IPL, but then other information says the IPL, although technically not a laser, works just as well. I don't know who to believe and where to look for unbiased information.

Results from IPL permanent hair removal are comparable to those from a Diode laser.

+1

I have had a Palomar StarLux IPL since 2007, and my patients and I have been pleased by the results. Your dark, coarse facial hair should respond well as long as yo're not tanned, and your skin isn't too dark.

All the best from NJ.

Web reference: http://ericmjoseph.com/index.cfm/PageID/4904

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

The diode laser has a great safety record for hair removal

+1

i don't know of a side-by-side comparison with IPL vs. diode laser, but having spoken with laser experts over the years I had decided to get a diode laser for hair removal in my office many years ago because of the safety and effectiveness of this laser.