What Type of Facelift Would Maximize Results? (photo)

Hi, I am 37 and my face has always been bottom heavy. I have very thick skin and my cheeks have the appearance of being pulled downward instead of up and outward. My main concern is to have the cheeks addressed but i would also like to address my perioral and nasolabial folds. I feel it would give my face a less severe look. I have spent a lot of money on fillers, they have not addressed this issue. I am also considering a subnasal lip lift. please let me know what you think. Thank you!

What Type of Facelift Would Maximize Results

+1

Of course, it would be easier for me to address your concerns in person; however, a great deal depends on skin tone and elasticity.  It’s certainly not unheard of to perform facelift on someone your age, if you are,  indeed, a candidate.   I often suggest to patients that they try the “temporary” fillers initially, and if they are pleased, then go to the autologous fat grafting, which lasts considerably longer.  You may require a combination of lifting, and autologous fat grafting. 

Jonathan Ross Berman, M.D. , F.A.C.S.

Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Suspension Cheek Lift is Best Choice, Possibly with Subnasal Lip Lift

+1

At age 37, you are quite young to be considering a traditional surgical facelift. Besides the fact that such procedure would not adequately address your primary concerns:

1) heavy, drooping in the cheek area, and

2) overly long distance between your upper lip and the bottom of your nose.

Given the description of your concerns along with limited photos, it appears as if the best surgical approach would be for you to consider a suspension midface/cheek lift, which is designed to improve the perioral, nasolabial, midface areas. This will address your first concern noted above and give you a less severe look.

Your suggestion of pursuing a subnasal lip lift is worth considering in combination with a cheek lift as it will very effectively shorten the wide distance between your upper lip and nose. However, you will have surgical scars to contend with even if they are fairly well hidden.

You should definitely seek at least a couple of in-person consultations with board certified facial plastic surgeons to help you weigh and consider the pros & cons of your various options carefully.

Michael R. Macdonald, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

SubNasal Lift Lift and Fat Grafting

+1

A subnasal lip lift is reasonable to reduce the nasolabial distance.  I would recommend fat grafting to the corners of the mouth as well.  Your nasolabial folds do not appear to troubling from the pictures, but a physical exam would be more instructive.  Facelift techniques, no matter what they are, will not improve the nasolabial folds to any significant degree.

Choice of procedure

+1

Based more on your description, the pix are limited, I would say that cheek implants is a good option. Women do look better with high cheek bones. Your upper lip is long, ie the distance from your nose to the pink lip is somewhat long. That tends to give a severe look. A subnasal lip lift is not a bad option but beware of the scar especially because of your thick oily skin. Get several consults.

Andrew Pichler, MD
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

At 37, some fillers will be a better solution than any surgery.

+1

There are, from the photos, some visible transitions from the cheek to the nose and mouth.  These can be blunted with the use of fillers leaving a more youthful looking face.

Mini Facelift

+1

Based on the limited views of the pictures provided, I do see you have thick skin with deep nasolabial folds.  Your anterior and lateral cheeks appear flat.  The height of your chin is good but it appears to point slightly to the left.

At this time, a mini facelift or cheek lift will improve your nasolabial folds.  Fat transfer or filler (i.e., Radiesse, Sculptra) will improve the appearance of the cheek area.

I would recommend meeting with a experienced plastic surgeon to discuss your options in detail.

Usha Rajagopal, MD

What a facelift does

+1

Allow me to let you into a secret. What a facelift does well is correct sagging necks and jowls. Cheeks, nasolabial folds and perioral wrinkles, not so much. Having said that, I am sure there are many surgeons out there who would love to operate on you! Caveat emptor! I would advise you to stick with fillers and surface treatments. Visit a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or Dermatologist and don't be afraid to get a second opinion.

J. Brian Boyd, MD

Lift vs filler

+1

More pictures and a physical examination would be helpful for us. However, to address your question briefly, have you tried fat transfer? I have had wonderful results with this procedure in your age demographic with your specific concerns. Otherwise a conservative facelift would improve your jowls and marionette area.

Dilip D. Madnani, MD, FACS

Yes it would function complete face and nose lift with autoplastma-fat grafting/ podria funcionar un face y nariz levantamiento

+1

yes you might try a complete nose and face lift together with autoplastma and fat grafting simoultaneously, this will surely solve and get your improvement easealy.

si podrias  tratar el levantamiento de la punta nasal y un face lift completo mas un autorrelleno de grasa y plasma y estoy mas que seguro que  quedarias muy satisfecha

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Midface lift

+1

To lift cheeks your best option is to have a sub-periosteal mid-face lift secured with an Endotine device.  Done correctly, you should have a fabulous result.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

Talmage J. Raine, MD