What Type of Eye Bag Removal Surgery Would You Reccomend for Me? (photo)

19 yr old male & going on 20. I've always been self conscious about the look of my eyes. I just want my self-confidence back because this has always been something tht is holding me back, so I want to have laser eyebag removal surgery. I was also wondering if eye bag removal surgery would enhance the look of my cheekbones (I have Native American in my blood). I want them to be gone completely even if they do appear to be subtle on my face. When I smile I feel like they look worse.

Eyebag Removal

+1

There is not currently a laser eyebag removal treatment. There are lasers to tighten skin or brighten skin, but not to remove the fat pockets or fill the tear troughs that cause the deformity you're not happy with. There are two options for addressing this. One, you could fill the troughs with filler like Radiesse or Restylane, or you could have a surgical procedure known as a blepharoplasty to remove the fat pockets themselves. Your cheekbones may be more noticeable if the eye bags do not draw attention to themselves. If you are still wanting more prominent cheekbones after the eyes are addressed, you can try a filler in the cheekbones. Best of luck! 

Traditional Eyelid Lift

+1

Thank you for your question and lift. You have both skin and muscle excess of the lower lids contributing to the wrinkles of your lower eyelids. This can happen congenitally in very young patients. A laser lower eyelid procedure would not be appropriate in your case. It would not tighten the muscle and the skin color changes would not be beneficial. A traditional lower eyelid lift would work best. Good luck.

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Never too young to have a cosmetic procedure to enhance ones appearance

+1

Self confidence is very important part of being accepted by others including peers. Thank you for providing photos of your upper face which appears to be showing you while smiling and not smiling. Certain cosmetic procedures if carefully selected, can be useful to many individuals  in different age groups. Results of these procedures can vary depending on the age of the patient and intention of the treatment.

In your case, I believe a significant improvement can be made in your appearance after carefully examining and discussing various options which can be utilized in your case. 

Web reference: http://www.DrImtiazChaudhry.com

Houston Oculoplastic Surgeon

Laser eyebag removal, cheek bones

+1

It is difficult to tell what would be best for you from your photos.

Laser eyebag removal can diminish the size of the eyelid bags. Cellulaze Sidelaze laser is an option.

Fillers including fat injections, Restylane or Radiesse are options to fill the areas below the bags.  These may be enough to make things looks right.

Embracing one's ethnic background and using it to our advantage is better than trying to make cheekbones disappear.  That approach may lead to numerous frustrations.  Please consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in person prior to making any treatment decisions.

Laser not a good option

+1

Unfortunately, due to your darker skin tone, you would not be a good candidate for laser resurfacing, if that is what you mean by "laser eyebag removal".

You do have full upper eyelids that might benefit from an upper blepharoplasty. Your lower lid creases when you smile are normal, and can better be addressed at this age with botox. None of these options will change the appearance of your cheekbones. That can be enhanced with either implants or possibly fat grafting.

An in person consultation is the best course of action for you.

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.