What Type of Doctor is Most Qualified to Inject Filler Under the Eyes?

I realize that many doctors can be qualified to inject fillers, but what type of doctor would be the best qualified? I had perelane injected under my eyes over a year ago that left a bump under one eye. It is still there. I've been waiting for it to go away on it's own, but I'm getting impatient. I'd like to get it dissolved and re-done. However due to my last experience, I want to make sure I go to the right person.

Dermatologists, plastic surgeons, and opthalmologists have the most training in using fillers.

+1

Dermatologists, plastic surgeons, and opthalmologists have the most training in using fillers. But having said that, only a small portion of these physicians have vast experience. It is important to find the most experienced doctor from one of these specialties for the best results with filler injections.

Metairie Dermatologic Surgeon

Use an experienced doctor for under eye injections

+1

A plastic surgeon, ENT, ophthalomologst or dermatologist could all do a good job for you if they have an interest and lots of experience.  Just don't have a nurse or an aesthetician do it.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS