What Type of Diet Should I Go with After Double Chin Lipo?

Would I be able to drink and eat normally?

Healthy lifestyle after smartlipo

+1

There are no restrictions on your diet after submental Smartlipo. It would be in your best interest to continue with healthy eating habits as well as an all-around healthy lifestyle.

Type of diet after chin liposuction

+1

The answer to part of that question will be if you have a local or general anesthesia, and how much pain medication you take.  Normally after general anesthesia you will want to have comfort/carb food such as mashed potatoes, oatmeal, etc.  This helps with the effects of anesthesia on your tummy, and will make your pain medication easier to tolerate. Mild and soft food will be more appealing to you in most cases after a surgery.  You will not, however have to be on a liquid diet after chin liposuction.  Liposuction of the chin is most often very easily tolerated by most patients, and I find that most of my patients are back to their normal routine and diet within just a few days.  You will, however, want to make sure to avoid any activity that would raise your blood pressure for several weeks while you are healing, so that you don’t  bruise any more than is necessary.

Dan Mills, MD

Diet Following Chin Liposuction

+1

You may want to go with soft foods for the first couple of days.  Follow your Plastic Surgeon's instructions for your post op care.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Diet after chin liposuction

+1

thank you for the question, this is something that patients ask frequently.

Basically you need to do exactly as your surgeon instructs. Depending on how invasive procedure was and whether or not there are any small surgical components I tend to have patients stick to a soft or soup diet the first week. You can essentially eat as you like as far as the actual content is concerned.  However, I do generally suggested patient's they avoid salty foods that will accentuate your swelling. You also should avoid alcohol and any medications that thin the blood such as aspirin, Motrin, ibuprofen, naproxen, and so forth. Call your surgeon's office and ask for specific guidelines based on the treatment they provided you.

I hope that was helpful

Chase Lay MD

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin and Neck Liposuction Recovery in Los Angeles

+1

I would avoid very chewy foods and opt for softer foods and elastic wrap for at least five days after your chin and neck liposuction. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Diet following liposuction of the chin

+1

I would recommend following the specific guidelines of your surgeon, as they may have a specific protocol they would like you to follow. Your diet will not be very restricted following the initial recovery period. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck with your procedure. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Diet after chin lipo suction

+1

It is  best to check with your surgeon for specific postoperative instructions they have for their patients. We have very little diet restrictions after the first day once patients recovered from anesthesia.

Diet after chin liposuction

+1

In most cases, you should be able to eat a normal diet after liposuction of the chin.  Your particular surgeon may have specific guidelines for this procedure though, so it's best to check with him or her.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon