Which type of recent development concerning laser resurfacing for acne scarring would be best? (Photo)

I’m in my mid 20s and I want laser treatment to have my acne scarring cleared off my face. I red about IPL photorejuvination as well as Clearlift formerly known as Pixel Q-switch  I’m assuming Clearlift is an erbium laser resurfacing method? For higher percentage of success result, would it be better to get Erbium or Co2 laser resurface? Would you also comment the downtime between both? Thank you very much.

The most recent advance in acne scar treatment, particular in darker skin types is the Infini, Microneedling RF

+1
Lasers have been the mainstay to treat acne scars, however I think times are changing.  Without the pigmentation risks and downtime, the Infini is going to become the treatment of choice for acne scars.  Darker skin types have high risk of hyperpigmentation and there is essentially no risk of this with the Infini.  Please read my blog for more details.  You can never expect complete resolution of the scarring, expect improvement of 35-60%, after about 5 treatments.  Steve Weiner, MD, Facial Plastic Surgeon, Destin, Florida.

Laser for acne scars

+1
The Fraxel laser has become the gold standard for treating acne scars.  The IPL laser cannot treat the scars - only some redness and sun damage.  The eMatrix also works very well for these acne scars.  For the best results please consult a board certified dermatologist with experience in lasers.

Michele S. Green, MD