What type of chin implant would best suit my face? (photo)

I am not looking for a big change. I just want to look like me with a bit of projection from profile view and a few mm of length in front. What is the best type of implant suited for my face? i also do not want any change in the shape of my original chin. Your advice is very appreciated! Thankyou

What type of chin implant would best suit my face?

+1

There are many choices available, and they can be customized as well.  Sizing is important as well. 

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of chin implants and facial procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Be conservative!

+1

While not being able to fully evaluate your chin without seeing it from the side, just keep in mind that a female chin should not over-project, or it can "masculinize" the face.  Accordingly, make sure that your doctor takes a conservative approach.  Regarding the type of chin implant, as you don't really want a change in the shape, rather just the projection, an implant should be chosen that tapers without much projection on the side of the chin (to be honest, this is the most standard type of implant out there these days).

John Frodel, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin augmentation

+1
Chin implants are manufactured in a variety of sizes and shapes which is best determined at time of consultation and examination. It's impossible to tell what size or shape of the implant to use based on one anterior photograph. Chin implants are composed of Silastic, can be inserted under local anesthesia through a sub-mental approach, and take approximately 1/2 an hour to insert.

Chin implant for the Asian female

+1

selecting the right implant for your face is not the only thing to consider.  He want a select and implant that fits the shape of her face and creates a more oval or V-shaped face.  In general I would recommend Silastic implants for safety sake because they are easily removed and have a lower risk of complications.

Typically I will select an implant based on the shape of the bone or mandible beneath the skin and I typically tailor my implants to the patient's desired outcome and their anatomy.

Chase Lay, MD

Double board-certified facial plastic surgeon

Asian facial plastic specialist

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon