What Type of Cheek Implant Would Best Suit Me? (photo)

I've been contemplating cheek implants since my failed attempts at fat injections and cheek lifts. I really just want pronounced "apples" and a bit of outward projection on the sides upon frontal view. Would I need the combined shell, or malar implants?

Combined cheek implants to give a soft increase in cheek projection.

+2

Combined cheek implants to give a soft increase in cheek projection is what would enhance your appearance to match the photographs submitted.

Cheek augmentation

+2

Malar cheek implants are  usually used when someone just wishes to have upper part of the maxilla augmented. A and combined malar/ Sub-malar implant is used when someone needs upper and lower portion of the maxilla augmented. The decision between the 2 implants  is made at the time of consultation and examination. The implant is composed of Silastic inserted through intraoral approach under a brief general anesthesia.

Cheek implants, style,

+2

I have stopped using fat because with fat injections it is hard to be precise. There are 3 styles of cheek. High cheekbone look, apple dumpling look and in between the Nike Swoosch look. A cheek augmentation test with local anesthetic creating a cheek will allow you and your surgeon to get the right style and size of implant.

David A. F. Ellis, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

What Type of Cheek Implant Would Best Suit Me?

+1

I perform many Cheek Augmentations with fillers (I prefer Perlane) and Cheek Implants.  I use a specific size and shape to create a more feminine and naturally attractive shaped cheek.  The only thing that needs to be determined, to do so, is how thick the Cheek Implant (projection) should be.