What Type of Butt Do I Have?

As far as shape goes. I've read there is "A" type, "V" type, "round" type, and square type. I am clueless about the type I have. I would also like to know what I can do to "reshape"the medial part of my buttocks smile line?? I think that is the only part that has mild sagging but, could be wrong. My butt is pretty full and round from everywhere else. Thank you so much!!

Round shaped buttock

+1

Based on your photo, you appear to have a round shaped buttock. As far as the medial portion of your lower buttock is concerned, fat transfer may help to improve the shape, but it can not correct this 100%. I have used a special type of liposuction cannula tip to help break up the fibrous attachments in that area to allow for the fat transfer to "round out" that area. If you are interested in improving your shape and waistline, liposuction with a fat transfer can help (Brazilian buttock lift).I recommend consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon for an in person consultation to discuss your options in greater detail.

Dr.Bruno

Buttock Enhancement

+1

Purely based upon your two-dimensional photo, I would say you mostly have a roundish shape.  As far as changing the shape of the buttock, currently the only two safe and effective methods are Autologous Fat Transfer (transfer of your own fat to the buttocks) and Buttock Implants (semi-solid soft silicone rubber implants).  Both are very good options so what it comes down to, like any surgery, is proper patient selection.  Indeed because at least 50+ % of the fat transferred will melt away within a year, most patients are not good candidates because they lack an adequate amount of fat to harvest.  Thus buttock implants become a very good, safe, and long term reliable option for most patients seeking buttock augmentation (at least in my practice).  The implant should always be placed under or within the gluteus maximus muscle.  In this position, the implant is less palpable, less visible, and does not sag over time unlike implants placed on top of the muscle.  Therefore it is extremely important to seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in this procedure.  Best of luck...RAS 

Ryan Stanton, MD

What type of butt do I have?

+1

You are correct in terms of the classification of buttocks. You may have answered your own question, you have a "round" type of buttock. The only way to reshape the buttock "smile lines" is to add volume or lift. You may consider a "brazilian butt lift" which entails liposuction around the buttocks and fat injections into the buttocks.

Frank Agullo, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon