What Type of Brow Lift Will Rid of Transverse Lines and Horizontal Lines Between Eyes, Lift Brows and Upper Lids?

I had a temperol brow lift, I believe as there is one incision in each temperol area inside the hair line. what will this technique accomplish? It did not get rid of my lines, as I was told it would do. Now, my ps tells me, what I asked for(above) cannot be done. what type of brow lift would accomplish the results posted in my question? I would appreciate a thorough answer as possible. thanks

Types of Brow Lifts

+2

A temporal brow would never achieve your desired result. You need a full brow lift with either an Endoscopic Procedure or an Irregular Trichophytic Lift which can maintain good hairline position or improve it if necessary.

Irregular Trichophytic forehead lift for brows and lines.

+2
We developed the Irregular Trichophytic Forehead Lift 35 years ago to do exactly what you mentioned. It lifts the brows, removes excess forehead skin, deals with upper eyelid skin excess and I can lower the hairline as well. Hair grows thru the scar so that it is non detectable.

A "regular" browlift

+2

Both endoscopic assisted and a traditional coronal browlift are designed to raise the brows, decrease wrinkling and improve the forehead appearance. The endoscopic lift is less invasive, has less sensory changes, smaller incisions and less risk of hair loss. The traditional open lift has longer incisions, more sensory changes, and higher risk of hair loss, but gives a more powerful lift and (I believe) better access for removal of the corrugator muscles. Good Luck!

Brian Klink, MD
Vacaville Plastic Surgeon

Brow lifts help brow position more than help improve lines

+1

Likely a more traditional brow lift will get you closer to what you want to achieve but expression lines will to some degree still be present even after the most aggressive brow lift.  These expression lines will likely need Botox and fillers to help soften them.

Sam Naficy, MD

Forehead lines

+1

There are various types of brow lift and a personal consultation is needed to best understand which one is best for you.  In regards to the lines between the brows (frown lines), surgery is not good for that;  rather combination of botox and filler is best.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

What type of Brow Lift will get rid of lines and raise eyebrows?

+1

Brow Lifts are designed to soften forehead lines both horizontal and vertical Glabellar lines as well as raise the Eyebrows.  I prefer the Coronal Brow Lift that IMHO is still the gold standard of Brow Lifts for reliability and duration of results.  

I don't recommend or perform Brow Lifts that place incisions anywhere on the forehead, where the scars are visible and never look like frown lines.  Frown lines are dark and scars are white.  I also don't recommend or perform Brow Lifts with incisions just in front of the hairline.  I have seen these performed elsewhere with beautiful scars but patients still hate the results.  There are small villous hairs in front of the hairline that break up the hairline making it appear natural.  The incision in front of the hairline, subsequent raising of the forehead skin with removal of that excess skin takes away these villous hairs...resulting in an un-natural appearing straigfht line across the front of the forehead.  Patients, that I have seen, with this technique hate the look and try desperately to cover the scar.  For these reasons, I place the Brow Lift incision 3 inches into the hair bearing scalp to hide the scar and oreserve the natural frontal hairline.

As far as your upper eyelids.  If there is excess fat and or skin, an upper eyelid surgery would be required to remove these in addition to the Brow Lift.

Coronal brow lift most successful technique

+1

In my opinion, endoscopic brow lifts do not and will not deliver the results you are looking for. I would recommend having either a coronal or trichophytic (hairline) lift to correct all the issues you have expressed above. Best wishes, Dr. H

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Most browlifts will improve lines between eyes...

+1

Coronal, endoscopic or trichophytic forehead lifts will do all of the above to some extent if the lift is adequate and  the frown muscles are removed.

Peter T. Truong, MD
Fresno Oculoplastic Surgeon