What Type of Brow Lift (If Any at All) is Recommended for Me?

Im 30 year old female & have deep horizontal furrows in forehead, 11's between eyebrows, & 1 eyebrow assymetrically drooping caused by a sports injury yrs ago. Normal sized forehead. Hairline is made up for short baby hairs & have almost a male patterned receding hairline that is not bald but filled with patches of baby hairs (been like this my whole life). Considering a browlift, but cant afford to lose any more hair along hairline. Should I get a brow lift & if so, what type should I consider?

Different types of Brow Lifts

+2

There are 3 options available to you. The first (which you have probably already considered or tried) would be to use a neuromodulator (Botox or Dysport). By relaxing the muscles that cause the 11’s, you will get softening of those wrinkles. If the wrinkles are not gone after using the neuromodulators, you could even add an HA filler to further smooth and fill the wrinkles. You can also then use the neuromodulator to lift the lateral brow on the side that droops more. This combination typically works well for women in their 30’s. The second option would be to do an endoscopic brow lift. This is done through 5 tiny incisions all located well behind the hairline. There should be no hair loss with this approach. This technique does raise the hairline slightly. I have many patients who are very worried about the elevation of the hairline prior to the surgery but the hairline actually moves up so little (about ¼ of an inch- and most of the movement is towards the sides of the forehead, not in the center) that I have had almost no one complain about it afterwards. The third option would be for a hairline lowering brow lift. This is done with a very fine delicate incision right at the front of the hairline allowing us to pull the hair forward and down, which actually decreases the size of the forehead while lifting the eyebrows to a better looking position.

Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Type of Browlift for female with recession and hairline asymmetry.

+2

The Irregular Trichophytic Hairline Forehead Lift is best for the problems you describe which is why we invented it 35 years ago.  Your recessions can be narrowed with or without lowering your hairline. The endoscopic forehead lift will raise your hairline and not address your recessions.

Brow lift

+1

It would be great if you could post some photographs. There are many combinations of options available. We need to find the right one for you.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

BOTOX or Ultherapy as brow lift alternatives

+1

For someone young, I would recommend trying to raise the brows with BOTOX and then to evaluate the results. Ultherapy, which is non-invasive, can also be used before having a surgical brow lift (unless there is paralysis or some other abnormality).

Joseph A. Eviatar, MD, FACS
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

Type of Brow Lift

+1

Without photographs, it is not possible to answer your question accurately. Consult in person with 3 - 4 experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

+1

The primary purpose of any type of Brow Lift is to lift the eyebrows into a more aesthetic position.  Without photos of your face or an in person evaluation of the eyebrow position, this question can not be accurately answered.  

Post photos

+1

Without photos, it is impossible for us to give you a good evaluation on the concerncs that are specific to you and your anatomy. Post high quality photos of your eyes and brow past your hairline.

Depending on the exact pattern of the hairline and density, either a trichophytic [hairline] or endoscopic browlift might be appropriate for you. Photo is worth a thousand words.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon