What Type of Breast Lift Would I Need? (photo)

Also I am a 34 D what size implant would I need to be DD?

The Ultimate Breast Lift

+3

You need the Ultimate Breast Lift. Unlike standard lifts, this technique acomplishes upper pole fullness without the need of a vertical scar. It was developed using engineering principles to minimize the force of gravity on the breast mound. Breasts are firm and perky without the need of an implant that can eventually stretch and potentially distort the breast. The incisions are hidden around the areola and in the shadow of the breast. In your case, you have enough tissue that once elevated and reshaped it will fill a DD cup. Do your research. Women finally have an alternative to the Weiss, Lejour and Benelli lifts.

Dr. Horndeski

Texas Plastic Surgeon

A Breast Lift ( Mastopexy ) with Breast Implants

+2

A breast lift can make your breasts more firm and perky but would not likely give you the fullness you would like to have. By adding implants to the plan you can achieve terrific results! In order to give you the best advice I would need to examine you though I can say that there is a good chance that you would have a nice result with breast lift that leaves a scar around the areola and nothing more. This is called a donut breast lift (mastopexy) and sometimes a Binelli lift (named after Dr. Binelli that made it popular). In my practice 75% of the time this is possible, and the other 25% of the time a vertical scar is added to achieve the best shape. If you would like, you are welcome to come to my office for a free consultation so I can evaluate you and offer my best advice.

One thing I can tell you for sure. In my opinion, the best results would be achieved with one operation including the breast lift and breast augmentation at the same time. I do not find staging in two procedures to be helpful. Performing both in one operation allows me to control all aspects of the improvements and give you the best result with the least downtime and expense.

I host a radio show every week called New Reflections. It is online and broadcasted by the VoiceAmerica talk radio network. We have done shows on breast lifts with and without implants. You can find the show online on the VoiceAmerica site or in iTunes as a free podcast download. Just look up New Reflections in the podcast section of iTunes.

I hope this info helps!

Adam Rubinstein, MD

Type of lift

+1

I think there is no question you need a lift because your nipple is well belkow the inframammary fold.One could do a standard one or a lollipop with an incision aroung the nipple and a  vertical limb.Also whether you smoke or not is an issue.If you do for your sahety I would do a lift and then an aug to be on the safe side.Maybe a 200-250 would give you the size you need.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift with an augmentation.

+1

Thank you for your question. Unfortunately, without a detailed exam, no one can tell you what implant you will need to achieve the volume you are looking for. The recommendation is to see at least 2 Board Certified Plastic Surgeons for consultation. A lift with implants is known as an "augmentation mastopexy." This is quite a challenging operation due to the conflicting goals of each portion of the procedure. A lift elevates the nipples and decreases the breast skin to provide a better shape to the breast. An augmentation relies on the stretch of the breast skin to increase the overall size of the breast. Because of these competing actions, augmentation mastopexy has the highest rate of revision for any cosmetic breast operation. It is not uncommon for surgeons to recommend staging the procedures, typically with the lift first followed by the augmentation. Although this requires two anesthetics, the results can be more predictable. Some women find that they don't need the augmentation once the breasts are in a better position and shape. Given your photos, you are definitely a candidate for a lift (likely a circumvertical or "anchor" scar lift). Implant volume is chosen based on the breast anatomy/measurements and your final goals from surgery.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implant Size for Breast/ Mastopexy?

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.

You should be aware that based on your picture and your goals,  you may be better off with a 2 staged procedure. This determination will be best made after direct physical examination. The first stage procedure would involve a full breast lift and the second stage procedure would involve breast augmentation.

Unfortunately, there is no direct correlation between  the size of breast implants  and the resulting cup size.
In planning your breast augmentation procedure it will be very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  in my practice I find the use of goal pictures to be very helpful.   I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “DD cup” or "fake looking" or "top heavy" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate. Placing breast implants on top of the skin ( pre-operative “sizing”) is not necessarily accurate either.

I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible. 

+1

From you one posted photo and the 2 questions I recommend in person evaluations. I would offer a full lift in operation #1 than after 3 to 6 months a 400 cc HP implant in operation #2.

Full breast lift and small submuscular implants will give best results.

+1

You have grade 3 ptosis, and appear to have breast volume more consistent with full C-cups (unless you buy your bras at Victoria's Secret where this is indeed a D-cup). But for sake of discussion, you are clear that you know you need a lift, since your nipples are not only below your inframammary crease, but point downward. You are also clear you want to be one cup size larger than your present size (whatever it is).

I believe a full Wise pattern ("anchor" pattern) mastopexy will be necessary to give you the best breast re-shaping in two dimensions. Vertical, lollipop, or modified breast lifts only tighten the skin brassiere in one dimension, and end up requiring revision all to frequently for my liking, making me a firm proponent of a planned full breast lift that tailors the breast skin to the exact desired lift and perkiness. Since a full lift removes only 1/2 to at most one ounce of skin, you will require an implant volume of about 250-300cc per side to give an additional cup volume per side.

I routinely perform both breast lift and submuscular implants at the same operative setting. I do understand the variability of results that can occur in some surgeons' hands, and why they choose (for their patient's ultimate benefit) to stage this to two operations. This is particularly true if the procedure is performed as most of us were trained--open up and elevate the breast flaps, while open place the submuscular implants, and then (try) to close the breast lift flaps. This can yield unpredictable results, and is why surgeons who do this and find less ideal results than they wish for their patients end up recommending two operations.

However, if the entire breast lift is performed, and the suture lines completely closed (save for the small 4cm portion of the inframammary crease incision that I use for augmentation), then the lifted breast is in its new higher, tighter position, much like a small non-droopy breast ready for augmentation. I then perform the augmentation just as I would have with a breast that does not need a lift, and close the remainder of the breast lift incision. This slight "twist" on the way most of us were taught actually increases the predictability and enhances the overall result so that a single stage is the way I perform lifts plus implants in the majority of cases. Absolutely nothing wrong with a two-stage surgical approach, but many patients want the reduced cost and reduced time off a single stage allows.

See one or more ABPS-certified plastic surgeons and ask to see many results before deciding which way sounds most reasonable and how you would like to proceed. Best wishes!

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Vertical lift with implants

+1

To reach a DD you will not require a very large implant, and the size we determine at the time of the procedure. You should do well with a vertical lift or 'lollipop' pattern, and we would suggest a subglandular gel implant for a better match and flow of the breast implant and natural breast tissue.

Best of luck, peterejohnsonmd.com

Large implants with breast lift are best avoided for lasting result.

+1

You have grade 4 sagging.  You need full lift with anchor scar and a scar around your areola.  You already have a large breast.  If you make it larger with a large implants, you will rapidly sag again (extra weight stretching your skin).

Thus it will be counterproductive approach.  You should go for a small implant with breast lift.  Implant should be used for shape enhancement of new breasts and not for size achievement.

Thusn you will have a long lasting result on pretty breast shape.  

Vasdev Rai, MD

Type of Lift and Implant

+1

When I see patients with this anatomy I find I get the best results when we do a full lift including the lower scars first. I make that choice because there is just too much bad skin down there that has poor elasticity and does not make a good "holder" for breast implants. Then after 3 months when the tissues have healed well we do submuscular dual plane implants. It is also very safe to do this staged technique.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD