Which Type of Breast Lift Would You Recommend?

My priority is less scar, and the second is shape/breast lift. I am in my mid 20s and never gave a birth. I feel that I will be happy with even 2 cm lift. (upward and inward)

You will most likely need a inveterd-T or Vertical lift mastopexy

+2

you will need a vertical or inverted t mastopexy. this is because of the location of your nipples, the density and size of your breasts.

Breast Lift Type?

+1

Thank you for the question in pictures.

I think you will benefit from breast lifting surgery;  this will likely involve a vertical mastopexy. Timing of the operation is up to you;  ideally, you will be able to wait until after completing pregnancies and achieving a long-term stable weight prior to undergoing breast surgery. Most patients are willing to accept the scars associated with breast lift surgery in exchange for the improvement of breast position, contour, and symmetry.

Do it right the first time!

+1

Nobody likes scars and it is understandable that you want to minimize them.  However, the worst thing that you can have in your situation is to have a small lift with minimal scars with poor or incomplete results. You then have to have a second surgery and will end up with the longer scars that you were trying to avoid in the first place.  Now you'll have had two operations with all the additional costs and risks associated with them.  I recommend a vertical "lollipop" lift which will give you a good long lasting result.  Less then that and you probably won't be satisfied and may come to regret that decision.  Do it right the first time.

Adam Hamawy, MD
Princeton Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift and scars

+1

ANy form of breast lift procedure will place scars on your breast.  More than likely some form of a vertical incision closure like a lollipop will suffice.

TO LIFT OR NOT TO LIFT

+1

Any kind of lift will leave you with scars.   Most of the time breast lift scars do not heal perfectly.  To a certain extent they will be visible not matter what technique is used.  If you plan on having children, I would recommend not doing any surgery at this time.  Your breasts will definitely change as the result of pregnancy and breast feeding. If you have a lift now there is a good chance you will need another lift after completing your family.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift in large breasts

+1

Because your breasts are full and heavy, I would recommend a small reduction and a lollipop-type scar lift.  I would also not simply remove skin but rearrange your breast tissue on the inside to decrease the tension on the incision line.  Too much tension will widen your scars.  Your skin looks as if it should retract well to a new breast shape instead of attempting to simply lift the breast with skin removal only.

Michael Baroody, MD
Danbury Plastic Surgeon

You will have to prioritize

+1

Dear 8708,

The lift that you demonstrate in your photos appears to be greater than 2cm, which is really the upper limit of the periareolar (around the nipple scar) technique.  You would receive the best projection and shape with a lollipop scar from a vertical technique.  If scarring is your absolute number one priority you can do a periareolar technique, but don't come crying back to your plastic surgeon that there is not enough lift.  Good lift.

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

IDEAL Breast Lift for me

+1
While you may THINK you are willing to accept the result of minimal scarring and minimal lift, I assure you that that is NOT what you would be happy with long term. The amount of lift that you need is FAR more than what is readily achievable with a Periareolar lift and if you read the comments on this site from women who had tried to get MORE from a periareolar lift than the procedure was designed for you will see why you should NOT be having it. I would suggest you consider having a Hall Findlay Breast Lift. It will make the breast perky AND raise them like no other procedure. Good Luck. Dr. Peter Aldea

Simple breast lift

+1

The amount of lift you are simulating with your fingers is far more than 2 cm and closer to 4cm. If you are truly being honest with yourself, a 2 cm lift could be achieved with a peri-areolar crescent lift technique but it is my experience that you will not be satisfied with the results.

Doughnut breast lift will give you modest lift.

+1

Hi.

1)  That's what I would suggest if you only want a scar around your nipples and if you will accept only a moderate lift.

2) For best shape and long lasting result, you need lollipop scars. Women accept these scars very well if they love their new shape.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)