What Type of Breast Lift/Implant and Tummy Tuck Will Best Restore my Hourglass Figure? (photo)

I gained over 95 pounds during my pregnancy and gave birth to an 11 1/2 pound baby at a young age. A few years later I have lost all of the weight and continue to work on toning.I am currently measuring 35-22-36 with a 32DD. I look as natural as possible with as little scarring imaginable! Will just implants fill out my breast enough or do I need an anchor lift? Would my tummy scar need to extend around my butt to remove this skin?

Breast implants and a tummy tuck offer the best combination of results and minimal scars.

+1

First, congrats on the weight loss.  But don't lose any more weight!  You look almost a little too thin. Good new, only breast implants needed. No need for an anchor scar (this type of lift is now outdated).  You need a tummy tuck.  Probably don't need any lipo.  Not sure if you need a lower body lift because I cannot see your buttocks, but I think not.  So a combination of breast implants and a tummy tuck will get you the maximum result with a minimum of scars.  I've attached a link to the tummy tuck part of my website so you can view the scars and decide for yourself.

Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

LTA and TABA

+1

You are a very good candidate for a Lateral Tension Abdominolpasty (tummy tuck) and TABA (Trans Abdominal Breast Augmentation) with silicone implants.  The breast augmentation is done throught your abdominoplasty incision without a breast scar.  High profile silicone implants would be my recommendation for you.  Good luck and congrats.

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Mommy Makeover Options?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Congratulations on your achievement after pregnancies.

You will benefit from breast augmentation ( I would suggest silicone breast implants if possible)  and possibly a minor breast lift as well.  Exact recommendations will have to wait for in-person examination.

Obviously, you will benefit from tummy tuck surgery as well;  whether an extension into the flank/lower back will be necessary will depend on your goals and physical examination.  If you are concerned about the “muffin top” area  and the appearance of this area with low riding jeans then extended tummy tuck may be indicated.

I would suggest in-person consultation with well explains board-certified plastic surgeons for more precise advice.

Options for your Mommy Makeover

+1

Hi there-

It would be very difficult to be confident in the recommendations without the benefit of a consultation and examination, but generally speaking, from the photos you posted, I would say...

It appears that while your breasts are a bit deflated, you have not experienced a large amount of drooping of the nipples, and so with appropriate technique, you should be able to achieve a lovely outcome with implants alone. Bear in mind, however, that in the photos you posted your arms are elevated, making it harder to appreciate the true amount of skin excess and laxity. An in-person exam would be better. 

With regard to your abdomen, you appear to be an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty). Whether or not an extension onto the hip area would be of benefit to you would depend a lot on your exam and goals for these areas, and so it is possible that you would get a much better outcome with a lower body lift- but from the photos alone it looks like a tummy tuck would be great.

Finally, I would emphasize that while these are my general opinions on your procedural options, your safety and chances of being happy are going to depend a lot more on who you allow to do your surgery than on the details of the procedures. I would encourage you to spend most of your time researching the surgeon's education, training, experience, skills, and talent (consistently lovely outcomes). If you put yourself in the right hands, your chances of being safe and happy are high regardless of the details- conversely, in the wring hands, even if the procedures you thought you wanted are performed, your safety and happiness may be compromised forever.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

For breast lift and tummy tuck, the only way to get rid of the extra skin is to get rid of the extra skin.

+1

Congratulations on your weight loss and getting back in shape.  Now the problem is all the laxity and the skin. You will probably enjoy the benefits of a tummy tuck and maybe even one that goes all the way around you, front and back.

For the breasts, you will probably benefit from at least a vertical lift with a short horizontal component.

Scars will generally fade over time, and when they do, you will want to have nice contours and curves that are long lasting. Trying to avoid scars when they are necessary is usually a mistake and leads to disappointment.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.  I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Do I need a lift, and how long will the tummy tuck scar be.

+1

Thank you for your photos and your question.  You've really done a remarkable job with your postpartum weight loss From your photographs you appear to be an excellent candidate for breast and abdomen rejuvenation.

Breasts will sometimes need to be lifted because of their amount of droop, and sometimes because of the laxity of the skin.  While you are not that droopy based upon your photographs it is likely to that your skin is quite loose because if you're significant weight loss.  Your plastic surgeon will have to use his or her judgment about whether or not you require a lift.  A physical examination will help determine this more than just the photographs.

The size of the implant that you choose will also make a difference in how much you fill out the loose skin.  After the implant is in you'll need less lifting. Many of my patients allow me to make the decision of which type of lift to perform after I see how they look in surgery once the implant has been placed.  If you're comfortable with your plastic surgeon this is something you might consider.

If you're strongly opposed to a breast lift you can simply place the implants, allow them to settle for about six months and see what you think.  You will have burned no bridges, and then you can be a part of the decision-making process.  If you choose this option with your surgeon it is important that you're comfortable with the possibility of another surgery after the implants settle.

The length of the tummy tuck scar will depend upon how much tissue your surgeon feels he or she can remove.  As we pull down on the skin in a tummy tuck a fold is created. If we don't bring the scar out to the length of the fold then you can be left with a remnant of the fold called a dog  ear.  In my own practice each of my patients has a different length scar depending upon how much loose tissue we remove.  

While I know the scars are troubling to patients we always endeavour to keep them as low and well hidden as possible.  If a scar is too short there can be bunching of that issue, dog ears and it may mean that more of the loose skin could have been removed.

I hope this helps to clarify some of the thinking.  Good luck with your surgeries.

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover choices

+1

It appears as though you'll need a small breast lift (periareolar) with implants.  For your tummy, you'll need a full abdominoplasty to get rid of all of the skin and to tighten your muscles.  Having done many mommy makeovers, it appears as though you can get a fantastic result!

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

Mommy makeover recommendations

+1

Amazing job after your baby!!! You really have a beautiful figure and will have fabulous results with your mommy makeover! For you I would suggest a periareolar mastopexy augmentation with silicone implants. Your incision would be around your areola only and would result in a beautiful voluptuous look. For your abdomen, a panniculectomy and if you have any muscle weakness a diastasis repair. I don't believe you would require any incision beyond your hip bones. For a patient with your build, you should easily be able to hide this incision in a moderate bikini bottom. 

Best of luck to you!

Thomas B. Lintner, MD, FACS

Mommy makeover: breast implants and tummy tuck

+1

Based on your photos you appear to be in very good condition and a traditional tummy tuck alone may address your excess skin. An in person examination however would determine is you need an extended tummy tuck to remove any further skin around the flanks. With regard to your breasts, I'm not convinced an implant alone will give you the contour you desire. I'm concerned that your breast tissue may be sagging a little bit and that a vertical lift - lollipop scar (not an anchor incision) will give you the best shape; in addition to a breast implant.

I recommend consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon for a complete exam and review of your surgical options. This type of surgery can be done in a safe amount of time.

Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Mommy make over

+1

I wish all my patients have your figure. You can have a great results. Fid an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, after examination and discussion with you and your expectations, one can discuss all options with you.