What Type of Breast Lift is Best for Me (photo)?

hi. please take a look at my photo and tell me what type of breast lift would be best for me: peri-areolar, lollipop or anchor lift. thank you!

Type of Breast Lift for Me?

+2

Thank you for the question and picture.

Based on your picture, I think you will benefit from a breast lift operation;  this operation would be best performed when you have reached a long-term stable weight ( if you are not already there).  although it is not possible to give you precise advice without direct examination, most likely a full ( “anchor”) sees breast lift will be necessary for the best aesthetic results.

Breast lifting involves some degree of tightening and lifting of the breast skin envelope.  In order to tighten the skin envelope, skin excision is necessary;  this results in the presence of scars. 
Sometimes, the presence of scars is a “dealbreaker”;  patients would prefer to leave their breasts unchanged than to have scars. At other times, patients  prefer to have the improvement in breast position, shape, and (possibly) size  and are willing to accept the trade-off of scars.

Auto-Augmentation with Lollipop Incision

+1

If you are happy with your current volume, but simply want the volume back where it used to be, you may be an excellent candidate for a lollipop breast lift with auto-augmentation.

This is my primary method of breast lift in patients who do not require a breast implant.  This will provide natural results with suture resuspension of the breast tissue to the upper pole producing fullness/cleavage without tension on your skin.   This will minimize stretching of the skin longterm.  

Also, by avoiding the long horizontal scar, you will be able to show cleavage without visible scars and where swimsuits and bras that easily camouflage all your scars. 

This allows for a long lasting result because the breast tissue itself has been lifted, not just the surrounding skin.   I wish you a safe recovery and fabulous result!

Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Ultimate Breast Lift is BEST

+1

You are a perfect candidate for a new technique called The Ultimate Breast Lift.  This technique produces an incision only around the areola and a transverse hidden in the shadow of your breast.  Through this, your breast tissue is reshaped and elevated high on the chest wall.  There is never a vertical scar and the weight of your breast is transferred to the underlying muscle.  This technique maintains areola sensitivity, the ability to breast feed, relieves brest pain and provides long term stability by the weight tranfer.  This technique can also be used to reduce the size of your left breast to match your smaller right breast.  I do not recommend the lollipop or anchor lift because of the vertical scar which can widen in time and is impossible to hide.  A peri-areolar lift would not be able to provide enough elevation for you.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Best Breast Lift For Me

+1

Based on your photograph alone I believe that you would be a good candidate for a vertical mastopexy (Lollipop) with the possibility of a small 'T' component (which means a small horizontal scar in your central breast crease that is barely visible).

In most patients with your breast anatomy I choose to perform a 'Lollipop' lift initially.  In the operating room I will then sit you up (while you are still asleep, of course) and assess your breast shape.  If you still have any noticeable sag I can then add a small scar in the center of your breast crease (that is very easily hidden) to correct the sag and provide a nice shape to your breast.  Doing it in this manner allows me to avoid the 'Full Scar / Inverted-T' breast lift where the scar extends along the entire breast crease and is usually visible in a bra or bikini top along the outside of your breast.

I hope this information is helpful.  Best of luck!

Louis DeLuca, MD
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

What Type of Breast Lift is Best for Me

+1

Thanks for the posted photo. In my opinion based on very limited input I would recommend a full mastopexy. 

Best type of breast lift

+1

I would recommend a vertical mastopexy that would leave you with a lollipop scar.  I have several patients with your anatomy who have gotten excellent results with that procedure.   However, different surgeons may feel more comfortable with a lift that would leave you with an anchor scar.  Your surgeon should use the technique that he/she is most comfortable with to give you the best shape.  I would definately not recommend a periareolar mastopexy as this will not give you enough lift or desirable shape. 

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Maui Plastic Surgeon

Type of lift.

+1

You will need an anchor lift. You should reach your target weight before you have surgery as weight loss after surgery will cause you to sag again.

Robert Kearney, MD, FACS
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift options depend on final outcome

+1

Breast lift is about more than determining the degree of ptosis, which is another way to say "sag".

Defining what final outcome a patient is desiring, and assessing tissue firmness, overall dimensions, and personal choices in matters like scar position, quality, final shape and size, all contribute to determining the surgical approach.

Not everyone  will be happy with the same outcome.  So I recommend spending some time defining what your particular desired shape would be, and then a plan can be made to reach it from your starting anatomy.

Best of luck with your research and consult a board certified plastic surgeon experienced in all forms of breast lift to facilitate your decision making.

Mario Diana, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

+1

The periareolar lift would be of no help for your lift. My preference is the full anchor pattern lift for your particular anatomy.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

What Type of Breast Lift

+1

As always, this depends upon your objective. A lift is done for one or more of several reasons:

• reposition the nipple and areola
  • remove excess skin

From the photo, it looks like both issues are present, and I think a full anchor pattern lift would be best. If you are looking also for more volume, and implant will fill out some of the extra skin, and a vertical (lollipop) pattern might work.

To find out what is best for you, arrange a consultation with a plastic surgeon. Thanks for the question, best wishes.