What Type of Bra to Wear for Saggy Breast and Will It Help?

I'm not ready for surgery on my breast so are there any other ideas?

Bras for saggy breasts

+1

Hi Shauntay.  Unfortunately, bras will not change your breast shape.  I suggest you try various bras until you find the one you look best in.  When you are ready to consider surgical correction of your breast shape, I suggest you see a board-certifed plastic surgeon who can discuss the options for improvement.

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

+1

Dear Shautay,

Thank you for your post.  Certainly, wearing a supportive bra with a nice shape will help your breasts look good while they are in the bra, but will not have any permanent effects as soon as you take off the bra.  The breasts, if they are saggy, simply conform to the shape of the bra.  I like Chantelle c-chic bras, as I like the shape, and they conform nicely to my breast augmentation patients.

Best Wishes,

Pablo PRichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Non-surgical Rx for sagging breasts

+1

The only suggestion I have is to see a corsetiere (and these custom shops are few and far between) for a bra which truly fits you well and lifts you.  

Robert L. Kraft, MD

External support for saggy breasts will not correct the problem.

+1

Wear any number of bras will support your breasts while in clothing, but this will not cause them to be lifted.  The cause of sagging breasts is lengthening of the Coopers ligaments which are support structures inside the breast tissue and connect the chest muscle to the skin.  These ligaments lengthen and the breasts sag.  I know of no reliable external way to correct this.  A lift, properly done, will correct this.

Jeffrey M. Darrow, MD