What Type of Bra Should I Wear After the Wrap is Removed from Having a Breast Reduction?

We do not actually use a wrap after breast reduction and fit you immediately with a support bra.

+2

Thank you very much for your enquiry, we do not actually use a wrap after breast reduction and fit you immediately with a support bra.

I would recommend that you wear a very comfortable sports bra which is elastic and does not constrict you and cause pressure in any of the areas while maintaining support.

In the United Kingdom these bras are called support bras and I would recommend this rather than sports bras which tends to squeeze your breasts.

Overall, I would advice you that comfort is the most comfort and support to the most important factors and it might be worth trying a variety of different bras to see which ones you feel most comfortable in.

Best wishes yours sincerely,

Adrian Richards
Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeon
Surgical Director of Aurora Clinics

London Plastic Surgeon

Postoperative Bra for Breast Reduction

+2
Your surgeon should have a garment plan for you after breast reduction. For my patients, I use surgical bras made by Marena, a company in Georgia. I place patients in a postoperative bra for 3-4 weeks then transition to a non-underwire bra for another 3-4 weeks. Sports bras are helpful, but not recommended for the first few weeks since they can be difficult to put on.

Bra after Breast Reduction

+2

Your surgeon may provide you with a bra to wear immediately after surgery.  Otherwise, a  sports bra will provide the support you require.  You will have some swelling,  so try to find a sports bra that does not have a shaped cup, and will be easy to put on.  I prefer front closure bras because they are the easiest to put on after surgery.  As your swelling improves, you will notice a change in the shape of your breast, so do not invest in many  bras for a couple of months.

Short Hills Plastic Surgeon

Compression Bra Following Breast Reduction Surgery

+1

In the immediate post-operative period a compression bra offers significant advantages for wound healing. Compression minimizes discomfort, swelling, pain, seroma formation, hematoma formation and wound breakdown. In addition, it provides support to the wound closure and helps shape the breast.

We place all of our patients in a compressive support bra before they leave the operating room. This is continued for at least three weeks following surgery. At this point, patients are switched into a sports bra without an underwire for an additional three months.

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Bra after Breast Reduction?

+1

Your surgeon will advise you what to wear after the wraps are removed;  generally, this will be a soft supportive bra.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastreduction.htm

Post-operative care following a breast reduction

+1

This is an excellent question which should be discussed with your surgeon prior to surgery. I prefer more support immediately after a breast reduction and place a dressing with Ace wraps. The dressing is removed at the first post-operative visit  and a sports bra which fastens in the front or a post-surgical bra is placed. A bra with a soft foundation may be worn after 6 weeks. I would recommend a consultation with a Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon.

Breast Reduction Postop Plan

+1

I generally have my patients wear a postop bra right out of the operating room that provides some support and compression and it clips in the front.  Patients are to wear this type of a bra for 1-2 months.  Once the incisions have healed and the patients are comfortable then I have them start wearing a good supportive underwire bra.

Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.feplasticsurgery.com/orange-county-breastreduction-women-newport-beach.php

Bra for breast reduction

+1

I usually place my patients in a loose fitting bra post-op. I do not wrap breasts. But, you should check with your surgeon.

The best bra after breast reduction

+1

We actually have given up on chest wraps after breast reduction and place individuals in a bra right after. The surgical bra will provide support and some compression, however after two to three days any soft cup stretch bra will do. The soft bra day and night for the first two weeks may reduce swelling and bruising.

peterejohnsonmd

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/breast-reduction

Bra post surgery

+1

A nice soft cotton sportbra that feels snug and supportive! You will probably be wearing this type of garment for 2-4 weeks so you may want to purchase a couple.