I Have This Type of Birthmarks, Do I Have I Chance to Remove It? (photo)

I Have This Type of Birthmarks, Do I Have I Chance to Remove It?

Facial birthmark removal

+2

Birthmarks on the face can be challenging to remove depending on their size and location. The birthmark in the photo is located along the nasojugal fold. Theoretically, this is a great place to put a scar on the face since it lies along a natural fold. However, the size of the birthmark can create a significant pull on the lower eyelid or flatten the junction of the nose and cheek. This may require a different approach than simple excision and closure. This can include serial excision or staged reconstruction using tissue expanders. Alternatively, certain types of laser such as q-switched ruby or pulsed dye can be helpful in lightening these birthmarks. It's difficult to predict how much lightening you will see in your particular situation. A test patch may be useful to fine tune laser settings and to figure out how much your birthmark will fade.

Pasadena Plastic Surgeon