How painful is the initial injections etc of tumescent fluid with tumescent liposuction?

I have been to several consultations and have elected to not undergo general anesthesia (though available, if necessary). I have a low pain tolerance and am wondering just how painful this whole process will be? The location to be liposuctioned will be my flanks solely.

How painful are the initial injections etc of tumescent fluid with tumescent liposuction?

+1

This is largely judgment and technique dependent.  Some sedation may be helpful as well.

Liposuction results are highly surgeon dependent. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Tumescent liposuction under local is not a painful procedure and so easy.

+1

You are so smart to get your liposuction under local tumescent . It is not painful and so easy to go through. The doc can stand you up and you can turn in all positions to get the very best results possible. The little pin pricks are minimal and if you get a little medication orally or intravenously before hand, it is almost like nothing. Sincerely, David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposuction and anesthesia

+1

In many instances, liposuction is more comfortable with sedation. It is possible to do it under local, but it also depends upon the patient.

Comfort With Tumescent Liposuction

+1

Hello. I am glad you asked as this is a common question. I assume you would be given meds before the procedure that will help reduce discomfort and nervousness.

Given that some people are more sensitive than others, we like to have Versed on hand for the 10% of people who need it. In 17 years, using the standard approach or adding Versed, we have never had a patient who had a problem getting through either the infiltration or suction portion of the procedure. As long as you are comfortable with the surgeon and staff, they should be able to take care of you.

T. Wayne Day, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon