Scheduled for a Tummy Tuck on 3 Oct 12. I Am an African Amercian Woman. Can I Have Braids W/extensions for the Surgery? (photo)

I was planning on having braids added to my hair so that I wouldn"t need to style or care for it. Is that allowed? Also, if I am menstruating, can I proceed with the surgery?

Hair style and surgery

+1

your hair styling should be fine.  make sure there are nothing metallic holding your hair for the surgery.   best wishes for a quick recovery!

Dr. Basu

houston, TX

African American Tummy Tuck- Preparations

+1

you can have braids as long as you doint have anything flamable in your hair such as oils, or too much hair spray.

S. Sean Younai, MD, FACS

Can I Have Braids W/extensions for the Surgery?

+1

Neither issue should cause any problem with your upcoming surgery. Best wishes for an outstanding outcome. 

Hello

+1

You can have braids it’s not a contraindication for surgery. We do surgery on patients on their menstrual all the time. Good luck

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS