Recommendations for my Asymmetrical, Tuberous Breasts? (photo)

I've decided to get a lift and implants, but am still confused after researching for about a year now. I have wide space between my asymmetrical, constricted breasts, little tissue, large areola, and sagging. What type of lift is best for my situation? Will my areola stretch out after if I do not get permanent sutures? Does the tissue always need to be released with tuberous breasts to avoid double bubble? Will any of this correct the wide spacing between my breasts?

Lift with implants

+1

Definitely need a lift with implants.  I would recommend the lollipop type lift.  This type of lift can also be designed to reduce the size of your areolae. The asymmetry can certainly be addressed at the same time.  

Breast augmentation and breast lift is the right option

+1

Thank you for the question and photos.  You do have a little bit of a challenging situation in terms of getting "ideal" shaped breasts from an augmentation and lift.  The combination of breast augmentation and lift are still the right choice for you at this time.  The challenge comes secondary to the short distance between your breast fold and your areola as well as the narrow and widely spaced position of your breasts.  I would see consultation with several well trained board certified plastic surgeons that can show you good before and after results with your type of breasts.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Asymmetrical, Tuberous Breasts and Breast Enhancement

+1

From your photos you do seem to have a tuberous breast deformity on both sides.  There is a wide space between the breasts and sagging.  Doing a circum vertical breast lift with a permanent suture around the areola may help with the size and scar of the areola.  It is unlikely you will get a major improvement in the space of the breast since you have a very wide gap to start with, however, this will be improved somewhat.  It is important to consult with a plastic surgeon and bring photos of what you would like to achieve to see if those goals are realistic.

Kent V. Hasen, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Breast tuberous and lift?

+1

I think that you need a thorough exam in person.  Tuberous breasts can do well with implants but may need release of the lower pole for expansion and possibly a circumareola component treatmen as well.

Tuberous Breasts

+1

Thank you for your question and photos.  You have do appear to have a tuberous breast shape and seem to have a pretty good understanding of what it takes to correct it.  It is always difficult to get exact answers in an online format, but you will likely get a general idea of what people/surgeons are suggesting.  

For your "sagging", you will likely need a vertical mastopexy or breast lift.  A periareolar mastopexy is not a very powerful procedure to create a lifting of the breasts and would likely be insufficient in your case.   As far as the areola "stretching out", you would undergo an areolar reduction as part of the lift procedure.  This will get the areolas back to an appropriate size.  Placing an implant under the tissue can cause them to stretch a little bit, but usually not a significant amount.  As far as releasing the tissue, it will certainly need to be released because the breast is by definition "constricted".  By releasing some of the breast tissue, implants of an appropriate base diameter can be placed to create a wider breast overall.  

Try not to worry about the minutia of the operation. That is what your trusted plastic surgeon should do for you.  Select a surgeon you trust, have them explain the procedure and you will look great.  
Best of luck.

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift and Implants for Tuberous Breasts

+1

After doing many of these combinations on tuberous breast deformities, I would recommend a full breast lift with the implant to help with the spacing in the middle.  The breast can literally be shifted to a more midline position with the right techniques.  Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations and breast lifts each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Keys to correct a tuberous breast deformity

+1

Tuberous breasts characteristically have a widened areola and a narrow base.  Your breasts certainly have these features.  As you mentioned your breasts are spaced widely apart.  There are several steps to correct this problem.  The first is to select an implant that is based on your ideal base diameter and not your actual base diameter.  The implant will serve as the foundation to your breast reconstruction.  Next the breast tissue needs to be opened up in a radial pattern from the inside.  This will allow the breast to splay out over the implant much like if you stretch out your hand to grasp a ball.  Next the areola need to be reduced and you would benefit from a circumareolar breast lift and areola reduction.  

Tuberous Breast Recommendations

+1

Tuberous Breast questions will always ellicit a variety of recommendations, I would tell you that a good exam is what is first needed, I would not definitively say you need a lift or an areola reduction , depends on your desired size and your tissue quality. Good luck and be sure to choose a doctor you feel comfortable 

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Cosmetic Surgery is an art and a science

+1

Thank you for the question. Tuberous breasts are always a challenge. In my experience a lift with implants will help your appearance. You may also need to move some of your breast tissue away from the center. You should discuss this with your plastic surgeon. Dr Thomas Narsete Austin, Tx

Thomas A. Narsete, MD
Greenwood Village Plastic Surgeon

Tuberous Breast Shape: Nice Options for Improvement

+1

Thank you for your question regarding the best option for correcting tuberous breasts.  As you know, this breast shape is associated with narrow breast tissue, enlarged areola, tight lower breast skin, and breast droop.  In my experience, most patients benefit from a breast augmentation procedure with a circle (Binelli) mastopexy.  I always use a permanent internal suture, as this resists re-stretching of the areolar region.  The procedure can offer rounder breasts with closer cleavage, an uplifted look and smaller areola.  These changes are a real improvement with a minimal scar compared to other lift types.  Thank you and best wishes!

Stephen Bresnick, MD