What's Best Mommy Makeover or Tummy Now then Breast Later?

My goal is to regain my figure I had before my 2 pregnancy. I would say I'm more concern about my pouch then my breast! I've been working out I saw little results but not what I want. It alone adds about 5inches to me,(16inches from one end to another,sticks out 3 inches,I have to lift it to see my C-Section scar) Its just plan gross!! My breast were a B cup now they are a D,still perky but not full. I would like to know which should I do?

Mommy Makeovers

+1

Most surgeons refer to a "mommy makeover" as a series of cosmetic surgery procedures intended to restore a woman’s figure after pregnancy. I perform these procedures as part of a “mommy makeover” for patients who want an improved figure after having children. Pregnancy, childbirth, and breastfeeding can take a serious toll on a woman’s body, and many moms find that no amount of diet and exercise can restore their pre-baby figures.

Procedures commonly performed during mommy makeovers include:
Abominoplasty (tummy tuck)Breast Augmentation +/- Lift, or Breast Lift only without implants, liposuction

These procedures can be performed in one stage or multiple stages depending on the patient's goals, health status and other screening criteria. After pregnancy, breasts can lose their youthful position and shape, the tummy can become stretched and lose its tone, and extra fat may get deposited in areas that are not so flattering. The plastic surgery procedures above are intended to correct those conditions and help restore your pre-pregnancy figure.

Please see a board certified PS to learn more about your options.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

Mommy makeover in one step

+1

If you are in good health, knowing that you understand your goals, I think it would safe and effective to address both breast and body at the same time, good luck.

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

Mommy makeover

+1

If you wish to have an abdominoplasty and breast surgery done I would recommend doing it all at once.  It saves you recovery time as well as quite a bit of money in most cases.

Gary Hall,MD

Gary Hall, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover usually tummy tuck and breasts in one operation

+1

The reason it is called the Mommy Makeover is because most of the changes that occur affect the abdomen and breasts, though the specific procedures done will vary according to each person's needs. Most commonly it is a tummy tuck and breast lift and/or implants. For most women it is best to do it all in one opertation, since it saves on expense and there is only one recovery time. I am sure you know that the tummy tuck is for things such as loose skin and muscle separation, which are not correctable with exercise.

Richard Baxter, MD

Mommy makeover, choose what is best for you

+1

There actually is not a mommy makeover, though breast lift and augmentation and tummy tuck is a frequent combination after pregnancy. There can be a convenience, and even a cost savngs from combined surgery such as with a mommy makeover. You should do what is important to you, and it sounds like tummy tuck is at the top of the list.

Mommy makeover in one or staged procedures

+1

It seems like you are a good candidate for a tummy tuck and breast implants with possible breast lift.  It is generally safe to do these procedures as a single Mommy Makeover surgery, but the tummy and breast procedures could also be done in 2 surgeries.  A consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon can help you decide what is best for you. 

Arnold S. Breitbart, MD, FACS
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Mommy Makeover vs. staged procedures

+1

It sounds like the tummy tuck is your priority.

As to the breast, it sounds as though you are asking about implants and not necessarily a breast lift. If that's all you will need, it makes sense to me to do both together. The procedure will be within safety parameters for length of surgery, and the recovery will take no longer that for tummy tuck alone, and you will be spared a second recovery period. 

If you do wind up needing a lift, the discussion should be with your surgeon with safety being priority #1. It is not uncommon to do all three at once, but the risks and benefits, as always, must be weighed. 

Thanks, and best wishes. 

Mommy Makeover or Staged Procedures?

+1

Assuming you have completed pregnancies, are medically fit, and have reach a long-term stable weight, you may be an excellent candidate for mommy makeover or staged procedures. Exactly what you choose to have done will depend solely on your  concerns and goals. In other words, whether you undergo a "mommy makeover” or stage the abdominal and breast procedures is a personal decision.

Given that you state that your abdomen is your  major concern, it sounds like a tummy tuck operation will be helpful. Whether or not you have the breast operation done at the same time depends on how much the breasts “concern” you;  generally speaking, if you know you will be undergoing breast surgery,  having the procedures done together may be beneficial from the recovery and financial standpoints.

You will be best off seeking consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and communicate your concerns, priorities, and goals carefully.