Help with RE-fixing Asymmetry After Prior Augmentation & Lift (Smooth/textured? Over/under Muscle?) (photo)

I am seeking advice on what steps to take for my breast surgery soon. I plan to have a lift on both as well as my implants replaced and larger. I despise them not only due to the asymmetry, encapsulation, and droopiness, but also because of how the implants spring UP so easily (from lifting, tension) and leave just saggy tissue and skin hanging below -- Can this be fixed with lipo for my R breast? Or would textured/smooth implants benefit me? ANY suggestions are appreciated. Thank you.

Breast implants

+3

I think the majority of the deformity we see can be attributed to capsule formation, if you have capsular contracture. If so, bilateral capsulectomies with larger implants may make a huge difference. The other option would be to put larger implants in front of the muscle.

Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry, animation

+2

It sounds like what bothers you the most is the movement of the implants when you flex your pectoral muscles. The best solution to that is moving the implants from behind to in front of the muscle, best under the pectoralis fascia. 

Some of the things that displease you cannot be diagnosed from photos alone, but it does appear that you have some capsular contracture, and that that is part of the problem. It looks like you may have had a lift just on the right side (?) which would imply a degree of asymmetry before surgery, and if so, the likelihood of achieving the level of symmetry you would like may not be high. 

I would favor smooth implants because of the likelihood of ripples with the textured ones, but others may feel differently. You may want to consider getting more than just one opinion for these issues. 

All the best. 

+2

Your implants are under the muscle .,with your breast tissue on the right hanging over the breast mound

I usually correct this problem by placing the implants above the muscle in the sub-fascial pocket.With larger smooth implants I do not believe you need a breast lift

Hilton Becker, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Breast revision

+2

I do not think liposuction will correct your issues. If you are having animation deformities as well as a capsule issue, then an exam in person is key.

Concerns about Revisionary Breast Surgery?

+2

Thank you for the question and picture.

I think that the best advice I can provide to you would be to very careful in the selection of your plastic surgeon. You will want to make sure that your plastic surgeon has significant experience performing revisionary breast surgery.  Ask to see lots of examples of patients that he/she has helped  achieve  results that you would be pleased with.

For example, although based on a single view photograph only, I am not convinced that you need a breast lift at all.  Given that you do wish to achieve a larger breast outcome, it may be that the breast implant pocket manipulation alone will suffice to improve your outcome.

Again, select your plastic surgeon carefully and communicate your goals clearly. In my practice, I prefer the use of goal pictures to help with this communication process.

You may find the attached link helpful to you as you do your homework.