What is this Deformity From? (photo)

I have posted more photos of the side views. I am fairly young, had a lift on the right, and had 150cc in the R & 250cc in the L, both under the muscle and moderate saline-filled. Please offer any suggestions on how I should go about surgery again to revise my breasts. I value your responses deeply. They help me to better communicate what results I would like to see accomplished and what I should realistically expect from going under the knife again. Thank you so much.

Advice for Revisionary Breast Surgery?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

You  are wise in that you are planning to communicate your goals clearly with your plastic surgeon and wish to achieve realistic goals prior to undergoing any further breast surgery.

Although I cannot provide you with precise advice, some combination of breast implant capsule manipulation as well as possible breast lifting surgery should significantly improve the appearance of your breasts.

Unfortunately, nothing will replace in-person consultation/examination when it comes to providing precise advice. Best wishes.

Choosing implant shape to correct breast deformity

+2

It is impossible to give definitive advice without a personal consulation, but what I see in the pictures is right implant higher, but both nipples lower than would be ideal for the position of the implants. This is typically due to pre-exisitng breast shape. A revision of the lift on the right in addition to a lift on the left might be helpful. You may be one of the patients who would benefit from the form-stable shaped implants (gummy bear) which would increase the width of the breast (for better cleavage) and put the point of maximum projection where it needs to be.

Richard Baxter, MD

What is this Deformity From

+2

Thanks for adding more photos and info

Possibilities include:

• pre-op asymmetry
  • capsular contracture on the right
  • incomplete breast lifting, both sides
  • implant on the right not (yet) dropped--if it is beyond 4 months, it may not drop further.

Recommendations:  After at least three month post op:

• right capsule resection with lowering of implant
  • revise lift--raise both nipples/areolas
  • ?lower profile implants if these are not already lowest.

Thanks for you question, best wishes.

Breast implant issues

+2

It is always helpful to know what the breasts looked like before surgery. Yoru right breast looks higher than the left. Is there a tight capsule?   Do you have some lower pole issues on the left one?  An exam in person is key as well.

Breast deformity after augmentation

+2

Hello 'persephone3b', thanks for your question.  Based on your photos, you appear to have noticeable implant profiles, with some upper pole fullness, more prominent on the right.  The implants may also have a narrower diameter than what would be ideal for your chest footprint.  Without doing a full physical exam and knowing other details of your history (such as height, weight, and preop photos), it is difficult to be sure what exactly is going on.  A key piece of information is how long ago after surgery are your photos from?  If it is still early on (within the first few months), it is fairly normal to have high-riding implants after augmentation surgery that will gradually soften and drop with massage and bandeau use, giving a more natural profile and contour to your breasts.  If it has been over a year and your breasts have been getting firmer, there is a higher chance than you may be developing capsular contracture, which is scar tissue around the implants.  Either way, I would recommend going back to see your doctor to do a more thorough examination.  Hopefully he/she is a board-certified plastic surgeon who should be very knowledgeable and adept at handling these postop issues with you.  Best of luck! -Dr.92660

Parviz Goshtasby, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Postoperative deformity of the best

+2

As you have not posted the preoperative picture and given the fact that you had two different size implants, I would assume that you had asymmetry. It looks to me that your right breast developed capsular contracture pushing the implant high. I'm not sure how many weeks postoperative period you are; if more than three months the implant will not come down without corrective surgery. Again in my opinion, the left breast looks fine. You should concentrate on getting the right best corrected. Your plastic surgeon will be able to advise you how best to go about this and whether you would be a lift also at the same time. Good luck.

Raj Chowdary, MD
Allentown Plastic Surgeon

Implants too high wide and breast oval

+2

implants too high wide and breast oval

may need to consider periareola lift to flatten and round breast.   wider base implant as well

Reasons for Deformity and Breast Augmentation Revision

+1

The deformities could result from capsular contracture, incomplete release of muscle inferiorly or smaller pocket dissection.  A physical exam would be necessary to differentiate these.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

What is this Deformity From?

+1

I recommend an L-shaped lifting with larger implants like the 300 cc range. But best to obtain only in person opinions.