It has been two weeks since I had a Tummy Tuck and Liposuction. Can I remove the garment for sleeping?

+1
You really want to discuss post-op instructions with your surgeon because every surgeon will have different guidelines to follow.  I typically require my patients to wear their garment 24/7 for about a month and then switch into Spanks.  You can take your garment off for washing or showering for about an hour a day, if you need a break.  Like I said, discuss with your surgeon prior to doing anything.  We only want the best results for our patients so try to follow instructions as best possible.  ac

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Sleeping in Post-Operative Garments

+1
Your surgeon will have the best answers for you.  My patients continue to wear the post-operative garment for a full 6 weeks, including sleeping.  If you are having trouble with rashes or irritation from the garment, contact your surgeon for specific instructions.  My patients are allowed "breathing" time after showering to allow the skin to fully dry before replacing the garment.  It is important to significantly limit activity during the time out of the garment.  Best of luck to you!

Emily J. Kirby, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon