2 Weeks After Breast Augmentation, Could I Have Done Damage Laying on My Side?

Last night I was sleeping on my side and it started to hurt so I moved to my back. I wanted to know if I could have damaged my implant. My breast feels a bit sore but not terrible. Did I try sleeping on my side too soon? What damage could I have done.

Sleeping on your side

+1

Don't worry - sleeping on your side is unlikely to have damaged anything.  But, it is often a bit tender / sore, due to resolving post-surgical inflammation of the tissues, which should resolve in a few more weeks.  Hang in there.

Pain in breast 2 weeks postop after sleeping on side

+1

Sleeping on your side at 2 weeks will not damage your implant. The discomfort that you are experiencing is related to a pressure phenomena on the tissues that are still inflamed. This should resolve shortly. If you still are not sure or see other untoward changes in your breasts, contact your surgeon. 

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Two weks post augmentation

+1

It is not uncommon to have unusual pain sensations after a recent breast augmentation. It may be a positional thing from sleeping. If concerned, you should check with your doctor.

Lying on side after BA

+1
At two weeks it is not uncommon to have some discomfort lying on your side. The weight and pulling of the implants may be uncomfortable. You are not likely to cause any damage to the implants by lying on your side. Eventually, you will be comfortable sleeping on your side. In my experience, patients tell me this usually takes about three weeks. Hopefully, this issue will be behind you in the next week or so. If pain pereira, you should discuss this with your surgeon.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Soreness after sleeping on the side

+1

I doubt that sleeping on your side could have damaged an implant.  However, if your breast is sore and you have any concerns about infection, then you should see your plastic surgeon for a postop visit.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Side Sleeping with New Implants

+1

It is doubtful that you have hurt anything by side sleeping.  If you notice extreme swelling and a fever, immediately see your surgeon.  It is probably not a bad idea to call them just for reassurance but I am sure you are just fine.

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

Side sleeping after breast augmentation

+1

We don't see much problem with sleeping on your side, and after two weeks you should be out of the upper band if you were asked to wear one, and can be out of bra as well. Damage is unlikely.

Best of luck, peterejohnsonmd.com

Damage After Lying on Side after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Thank you for the question.  It is very unlikely that any damage was done from you sleeping on your side.  I'm assuming you were wearing a supportive bra at the time.

For real reassurance, I suggest you visit with your plastic surgeon.