Two Weeks Post Op Fat Transfer to Face and Lips- When Will Swelling Go Down? (photo)

The Dr. (who I love & did great work before) also performed a neck and mid face lift. Please tell me my face & lips are still swollen! Would compresses still help? Dr. says I'm doing well so I am trying not to freak about but when I look in the mirror - Yikes! Also, the area he harvest the fat from still has indentations from where he took the fat. Will this smooth out? I know I am getting better because the farmers have stopped chasing me with pitchforks but I am so worried! Thank you so much!

Swelling 2 weeks after fat transfer

+1

Goodness gracious!  Relax!  You look great 2 weeks after your procedure.  Two weeks from now most of what you see will have resolved.  Avoid the farmers until then!

Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

2 weeks after fat grafting

+1

I agree with the others that you look good for 2 weeks.  The true results of fat grafting will not be apparent for at least 3-6 months.

Sam Naficy, MD

Fat transfer

+1

I agree that it is still fairly early. The swelling should minimize significantly over the course of 3-6 weeks. I would be careful about how much you talk for a while. I recommend my patients talk like a ventriloquist for a few weeks until the soft tissue has a chance to settle in. Be sure and keep up on the cleaning without being too aggressive in regards to pressure so you don’t displace the fat. It's always difficult to wait out the swelling period, it seems to always take longer than patient's expect. Overall you look great for two weeks post-op, I would only be concerned if the swelling increases rather than continues to decrease in the next few weeks, otherewise keep doing what you have been doing!

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon