2 Weeks Post-Op Breast Explant, Left Breast Still is Draining, Normal?

Hi there, I had my surgery two and a half weeks ago and am still walking around with a drain in the left breast (this was the side where the implant was ruptured and part of the capsule was removed). I have had about 1 litre of blood drained so far. My house doctor suggested that I strap myself up tight to help the blood to clot which I have now done as well as have the drain in. Not much is draining at the moment, I am still tightly strapped and my left breast continues to fill up.

Persistently draining breast

+2

It is very unsual for a breast to drain blood for two weeks.  Are you sure it is not serosanguinous( blood tinged)?  Even still you should follow closely with your doctor.  He would have the best udnerstaning of what is going on.

Bloody drainage after explantation and capsulectomy

+1

If you are still having bloody drainage and the blood appear to be fresh, bright and red this is  real concern and it is possible that you need to be explored again to search for the source of bleeding.  If it is just blood tinged then it is not as big of a problem and will eventually stop. 

Draining after Breast Implant Removal?

+1

The amount of drainage unit experience is relatively high; it is good news that the  amount of drainage is decreasing. I would suggest continued follow-up with your plastic surgeon who is in the best position to advise you.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastRevision.htm