Two Weeks Later and the Tip of My Nose is Still Wide and Bulbous? (photo)

It has been exactly two weeks since my rhinoplasty and i told the doctor specifically to make the bulb like tip ( wide from the front) more narrow to be more pointy. It is now the 14th day and the tip of my nose has not changed one bit in fact it might even be larger than it used to be. I was wondering if anyone could let me know why this is happening?

Two Weeks Later and the Tip of My Nose is Still Wide and Bulbous?

+1

Two weeks is way too soon to judge the results of your Rhinoplasty.  If you're concerned however, you should go see the plastic and cosmetic surgeon that did your Rhinoplasty and have this discussion.  

Rhinoplasty - Tip still swolen

+1

2 weeks is too soon to tell what your final nasal shape will be. It's also not uncommon for the nasal swelling to go down on one side of the nose faster than the other. So don't worry! Be patient. It will take a few months before you will see the final result. If you have any concerns, you should definitely talk to your rhinoplasty surgeon. I'm sure he or she will be happy to discuss with you any questions you may have.

Dr. Cat Begovic 

Catherine Huang-Begovic, MD

Postop swelling is normal

+1

It's easy to get down on the appearance of your nose after a recent rhinoplasty.  As the others have mentioned, nasal tip swelling is very much a common phenomenon 2 weeks out from rhinoplasty.  It will take months sometimes for the final result to reveal itself.  However, some people with thick nasal skin will sometimes continue to demonstrate some degree of bulbous tip deformity.  That is because the thick, oily skin overlying the tip of the nose does not redrape as one would expect. Be patient, have faith in the process, and keep your plastic surgeon informed of your progress.

Andre Panossian, MD, FACS
Pasadena Plastic Surgeon

Nasal Tip Swelling 2 Weeks After Surgery

+1

Two weeks is way too soon to judge how the tip of your nose will ultimately look after your rhinoplasty.  This part of the nose takes the longest for swelling to resolve, and some of the subtle changes may not be apparent for a year or two.

My advice : be patient and keep your regularly scheduled follow up visits with your surgeon so he can monitor your progress with you.

James Bartels, MD
Manchester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Tip of Nose Swollen 2 Weeks post Rhinoplasty

+1

The tip of your nose is swollen because you are normal. I suggest you talk to your surgeon about post op progress so you know what to expect over the next 9-12 month as swelling resolves and nasal definition improves.

Swelling from surgery

+1

Be patient. Surgery always causes swelling, the final results from rhinoplasty may take from 6 months to two years to become apparent. Express your concerns with your surgeon.

J. Charles Finn, MD
Raleigh-Durham Facial Plastic Surgeon