Two Weeks After Vaser in One Flank There is Fluid 200 to 25o Ml , What is To Be Done?

this seroma doesnot seem to be increasing , will it require aspiration , how long it takes to absorb itself, aspiration can be done without ultrasound guidance also

Seroma following vaser treatment

+2

If you indeed have a seroma, it should be treated by aspiration. Is your surgeon aware of this? If not, you should notify him/her and have this treated. If left untreated for long, it may persist - not exactly what you would want.

Vaser and fluid

+2

I fyou have a seroma, then it probably needs to be aspirated. You should contact your surgeon and get evaluated.

Seroma after VASER Lipo

+1

I found that seromas are common after VASER liposuction, especially if the doctor is aggressive. I always use drains post-operatively and have found that my seroma rate has decreased significantly. If there is a seroma it needs to be drained immediately. Typically it needs to be drained more than once, and I see my patients every 2-3 days for further drainage. If you do not drain it fast enough it can form a hard shell around it and become permanent. Also, the seroma causes additional inflammation as your body tries to absorb it and can leave permanent asymmetry in that area. All seromas can be drained without ultrasound with an 18 gauge needle but if available ultrasound is a great tool.

Jeffrey LaGrasso, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Vaser Liposuction

+1

This can usually be aspirated without much of an event.  Sometimes 2-3 aspiration events over a 5-10 day period are needed, then things close up and heal.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon