Two-weeks After Septorhinoplasty :after Reducing Bumb the Nose is Long in Profile? (photo)

two-weeks after septorhinoplasty , I can see that swelling is reducing gradually.but I see that it's like that after reducing the bumb on my bridge , the tip is like to be the same and so the profile seems long. is it because of swelling or I need a revision later? cause mostly I see the swelling from the width and people complain about that,I havent seen the swelling effect on profile.. is it because of swelling or it's the bad surgery?

Two weeks post-op and the nasal profile

+2

At two weeks post rhinoplasty, the nose will be swollen especially at the tip. This can make the nose look longer. Give it time for the swelling to subside.

+2

as has been stated here soooo many times, "ONLY 2 weeks post operative!"" You need 3 months at a minimum of healing before considering anything. 

Two-weeks After Septorhinoplasty :after Reducing Bumb the Nose is Long in Profile?

+2

Swelling two weeks after surgery can distort the relative proportions.  Give yourself between 6 months and a year before trying to judge the result.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

+1

Dear dewd,

Thank you for your question.  You appear to be having a nice result so far.  you will have tip swelling which is normal and will subside for many months.  Different nasal-labial angles (the angle between the base of your nasal tip and your lip) is a bit of preferrence and this should be discussed with your surgeon pre-operatively, i.e. do you want more or less up-turned tip. 

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after rhinoplasty

+1

It is way to early after your surgery to judge the result.  Be patient.  See your surgeon to calm your fears.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

Donald Nunn, MD

Swelling after rhinoplasty

+1

You have to wait for all swelling to subside before evaluating your results.  Two weeks is way to early.  Tip swelling can persist for a few months. Be patient!

Daniel Greenwald, MD

Swelling After Rhinoplasty

+1

Although difficult to tell from the limited photos, you appear to have a very good result just 2 weeks following rhinoplasty.  The most important thing to remember is that you will not see your final result for 9-12 months.  Any decisions on revision should be deferred until then.  Your concerns are likely related to expected post-operative swelling, and should improve with time.

Jarrod Little, MD