Can you have two tummy tucks to fully remove all of the stretch marks if one has a lot of stretch marks past the belly button?

I have two children and I am 22 I have a lot of stretch marks past my belly button. I have heard that the doctor can only remove skin between the belly button and the pubic area but this wouldn't be enough to remove them all.

+1

One surgery is sufficient to remove the loose skin that can be removed. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tuck procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Removing stretch marks with a tummy tuck.

+1

First the bad news. Usually only the stretch marks below the belly button can be removed with a standard tummy tucky. Sometimes a central wedge of skin can be removed to get a few more but then you have a vertical scar in addition to the horizontal scar.

Now the good news. Those stretch marks around your belly button will be pulled down below your belly button and the area around the belly button will likely be smoother skin.

You are really, really young for a tummy tuck and should not have one until you are certain you do not want to have more children.

Lisa L. Sowder, MD

Few people can undergo two tummy tucks

+1

A tummy tuck removes all of the skin between the pubic are a and the top of the belly button. No additional skin can be removed even with additional surgeries. Best of luck.

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Can you have two tummy tucks

+1

That sounds like a good idea, but it doesn't work that way. What we do is remove all the skin and stretch marks below the belly button and then we pull the skin above the belly button down to the pubic area so the upper stretch marks are moved lower.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Stretch marks and tummy tucks

+1

It is true that only those stretch marks below the belly button can be removed. A second surgery won't get rid of them all. So the ones above the umbi will always be there.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS