I had two teeth crowned about a month or so ago They just started hurting! I can't chew on the crowns at all? (photo)

My mouth hurts in other places. Sometimes the top, sometime bottom teeth hurt and I don't know if this is all because of the crowns

New Crowns Hurts...can't chew

+1

Having some post treatment sensitivity isn't unusual. Many patients have it, but most just for a day or two. Sensitivity is most likely do to either the bite (maybe you are hitting harder on one or both of the crowns compared to the rest of your teeth) or how deep the cavity was before the crown was prepared.

The fact that they were placed a month ago would lead me to believe you may have Irreversible pulpitis, and need a root canal treatment. I recommend going back to your dentist to have it evaluated. If your dentist is unsure, he will no doubt, advise a second opinion with an endodontist (root canal specialist).

You are probably worried that if you needed a root canal on one of the two teeth that the new crown would have to be remade, but that is rarely the case.

Laguna Niguel Cosmetic Dentist