Two Surgeries and Still Not Happy with my Breast, What Should I Do? (photo)

I had a vertical mastopexy one year ago to correct the sagginess of my breast,the result wasn't satisfying,I found my breast still floppy and saggy,so I had an augmentation (225 cc silicone round implant under the muscle) because my surgeon told me that this would have lifted my breast.Now I'm one month post op and I think this surgery just worsened my problem, my breast hasn't lifted at all,the implants have filled just the upper pole and my nipples remained low. Which procedure can fix this?

Give your implants time to drop and fill your lifted breast. It is far too early to be concerned at 1 month

+1

Thank you for your question and photographs. I understand your concern but it is too early in your recovery following breast augmentation to be concerned. Your breast implants will drop significantly over the next month or 2 and hopefully you'll be happy with your result.

Implants High after Augmentation

+1

With massage and time, the implants should move down provided the pocket was dissected lower.  Give 3 to 6 months for this.  If after 6 months, the implants are not lower, the inferior border of the pectoralis and/or the capsule can be released to give the nipple areola complexes an apparent lift.

Define your goal first

+1

Thank you for the question and the photos.  I am sorry to hear that you have not had a good experience with your prior breast shaping procedures.  I think the best thing that you can do is define what your goal is with regards to breast shape and size.  Once you have done so you will be able to communicate your goal verbally and through sample photos to your plastic surgeon.  From your photos alone I think a larger implant and a revision breast lift would likely be needed to produce the result that you want.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Correcting breast lift deformity

+1

I believe you need a larger implant and to lower the pocket for the implants.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

Talmage J. Raine, MD

Implants Too High

+1

Hi,

Sorry for your frustration. This is my opinion based on your pictures:

• Your one year mastopexy picture shows good scars and good nipple position. There is mild asymmetry which was very likely present before surgery and is not totally correctable.
  • At one month post-op, the right implant is beginning to settle but the left is still high.
  • It can take up to 6 months for implants to settle in the proper position. So, there is still time for improvement. Ask your PS about options to assist the settling (e.g. massage, elastic compression) process.
  • If desired settling doesn't occur, surgical repositiong is required.

Thanks for your question and good luck!

Stephen M. Lazarus, MD
Knoxville Plastic Surgeon

Breast Revision

+1

You would probably benefit from a re-lifitng of your breasts, without changing the impants. This will help to lift your breast tissue so it sits over the center of the implant.

Matthew Schulman, MD

Two Surgeries and Still Not Happy with my Breast, What Should I Do?

+1

Need more settling time for implants. But very possible you will need a third operation. Seek second opinions in person. 

Implants for breast lifting

+1

You need to give it more time. It will take 3-4 months for the muscle to completely stretch. The superior fullness will go down, and you will get more projection behind the nipple and lower pole of your breasts. There is nothing to do now, just wait.

Good luck.

Gregory Sexton, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation after lift

+1

Being that you are only one month after surgery, you should give it more time for the implants to drop.