What Are These Two Small Bumps After Open Rhinoplasty?

2 weeks ago I had an open rhinoplastly to narrow the bridge of my nose. It all went well, and so far there's been minimal swelling. But i've just noticed two small pimple-like bumps under the skin, one each side of the bridge, corresponding with where the surgeon made a small puncture to break the nasal bones in order to narrow them. At the moment they're not very big, but im concerned they'll grow and become noticeable. Is this just healing where the break was made, or are these calluses forming?

Percutaneous osteotomy sites

+1

Percutaneous osteotomies are my preferred way to perform osteotomies during rhinoplasty. I think it leads to less mucosal injury internally and therefore less bleeding or need for packing,etc.. It usually is not an issue with healing.

+1

The percutaneous osteotomy site utilized to fracture the nasal bones will have swelling as well, possibly with bruising.  From your description alone, it is hard to say if there is anything more to it than that.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php