Should I Get Two Different Size Implants? (photo)

I have breast asymmetry. I'm planning on getting 421 mod profile silicone gel implants. Should I get two different size implants? PS suggests that once I'm bigger I won't notice the difference enough.

A breast augmentation procedure sometimes needs a lift for good aesthetic results

+1

In order to fill out your breasts and increase the volume, I do agree that you'll need an augmentation with implants.  Deciding on whether or not you'll need different size implants should be made in the office setting, but I usually make the call on the exact sizes in the operating room when I place different implants "sizers" in the breasts to detemine what gives the best look.  Having said all of this, it appears as though you'll also need a lift in order to prevent the breasts from looking saggy after the surgery.  The lift usually goes around the areola, but you might also need the vertical or lollipop lift for great aesthetic results.  Having done many of these types of surgeries, I believe that with a breast augmentation and a lift you can achieve a fuller, more aesthetically pleasing appearance to your breasts.  Good luck!  Dr. Schreiber, Baltimore plastic surgeon

Different size implants and skin resection required

+1

You will need two different size implants because you have two different breast volumes.  Since you have two different size skin envelopes you will also need a circumareola lift.  I recommend a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.  Through the same incision, implants can be placed.  Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection with a minimal size implant.  Small silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. 

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast Asymmetry

+1

There are many options for improving breast asymmetries.  Some of these options include different sized implants, same sized implants with breast lift (mastopexy) and/or breast reduction procedures.  An evaluation by a plastic surgeon will include a discussion of the options.

Craig Mezrow, MS, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Two different size implants

+1

It is not uncommon to use 2 different size implants but your plastic surgeon should really help you in this case. 

Dean Fardo, MD

Modest volume asymmetry will be diluted by breast augmentation.

+1

I agree with your surgeon. The modest asymmetry will be significantly diluted by the new implants.

+1

Based upon the posted photos YES you need 2 different sized implants. But understand over the internet our advise is with a grain of salt. Only IN PERSON examination allows a definitive response.//

Two different sized implants??

+1

In my practice we have the patient do a careful fitting to determine the perfect size.  We have you bring a couple of tops from your closet and try on the implants to determine size and if a different size is needed.  Call my office and my patient coordinators would be happy to help you.  Good Luck!

Brian Reedy, MD
Reading Plastic Surgeon

Handling assymetry

+1

Like most of the other surgeons, I too think you would benefit form a breast lift.  You have extra skin that will not be "filled out" by breast implants.  During this procedure, some of the extra breast tissue on your right could be removed to increase the symmetry.   I think this would give you a better result than putting a larger implant on your left. 

#breastimplants

Gordon Lewis, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Different size breasts and breast implants

+1

This is a great question. When faced with this question each person has to ask themselves how much asymmetry they are willing to live and what steps they are prepared to take to correct it.

Its hard to tell from your photos, but it really looks like you need a lift. If you have a lift then you the size difference can easily be corrected. You can of course add implants to your lift, likely best at a later stage.

Michael Weinberg, MD

Gaining symmetry with a breast lift and augmentation

+1

My goal for most patients with asymmetry and breast sagging is to use the same sized implants with the same base diameter and reduce the volume of the larger breast.