Should I Have Two Separate Doctors and Operations for Rhinoplasty and Bleph?

So, considering blepharoplasty for a puffy eye as well as rhinoplasty. Should I have two separate doctors who specialize in each and have separate operations? Or would it be ok to go to one doctor who does both?

It could the option if your surgeon is not good at both procedures

+1

I see you are getting ready for two facial procedures: rhinoplasty and blepharoplasty.  During your first consultation please make sure your surgeon can perform both procedures at the same time and is able to perform them in an expert fashion.. Some plastic surgeons specialize just in rhinoplasties and may not be comfortable performing blepharoplasty. . The ideal is to have both procedures done at the same setting. There will be one anesthesia and one recovery time. If your surgeon is not an ideal doctor to perform both procedures, having both procedures done at the same time by 2 different specialists would the the second best choice

Rhinoplasty and blepharoplasty can be done concurrently by one surgeon

+1

There really is no reason to have two different surgeons perform the blepharoplasty and rhinoplasty. These are common procedures performed by board certified plastic surgeons. If anything, you should base your decision plastic surgeon wise on their results/ideas regarding the rhinoplasty procedure as this is the more "difficult" of the two.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

Eyelid surgery and rhinoplasty

+1

It should not be a problem to find a single surgeon to handle both the rhinoplasty and lower lid surgery for you.

Lid rejuvenation, rhinoplasty, one surgeon can handle both

+1

Rhinoplasty and lid rejuvenation are common cosmetic procedures performed by plastic surgeons. Unless you have an opthalmologist you really trust, an experienced plastic surgeon should be able to conveniently combine both procedures.

peterejohnsonmd.com

+1

Seems silly to do so but you certainly can have separate plastic and cosmetic surgeongs doing your eyelid surgery and Rhinoplasty.  If your surgeon understands and follows the proper aesthetics of facial beauty and has experience performing both surgeries go with one surgeopn and one general anesthesia which seems more reasonable to me.  

2 in 1

+1

If you speak with a surgeon that specializes in facial plastic surgery there is no need to go to two spate doctors. Speak with your surgeon about your desired look and long term goals and see what they recommend.
Good luck on your search!

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bleph nose

+1

I often perform thar very combination. It saves time and money for the patient. Any competent surgeoh should easiy be able do do this

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Your Board certified plastic surgeon should be able to do both at the same time

+1

You should not need to have two surgeon for this. The Core training for the plastic surgeons involves both rhinoplasty and eyelid surgery.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and blepharoplasty are done most commonly by one surgeon.

+1

Rhinoplasty and blepharoplasty are done most commonly by one surgeon. There is no need to go to two different surgeons IF you see an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does blepharoplasty as well.