Post Breast Lift/Implant. When Can I Wear Underwire Bra, and the Most Effective Treatment for Scars?

I had a full lift with implants when is it ok to wear a underwire bra and also and what has been found to be the most effective product or treatment for the scars. I have seen a product called SCARprin not sure if it is effective. So far I have been using silicone strips. My profile does has pictures.

Under wire bra after breast surgery

+2

I usually allow my patients to wear an underwire bra 6 weeks or so after surgery, once everything has healed.

Underwire Bra Post Breast Surgery

+1

I recommend that you continue to use the silicone strips, as it is one of the best options for scar treatment. However I would never recommend an underwire bra with implants because of the possibility of rupturing. An underwire bra will hold the implant to tightly and too close to the body allowing minimal movement. This is not a good combination because we want the implant to move enough as to not cause a capsular contraction.

Scott Loessin, MD

Bra type and scar management.

+1

The questions about which bra is best should be reserved for your surgeon. They likely have very specific requirements for you. The most effective scar management is time. Ways to hasten scar improvement include massage, silicone sheeting, and moisturizers with sunscreen.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon