Am I able to have two procedures done at the same time if my health is good and my family's health is good ?

rhinoplasty and tip to be more specific.

Am I able to have two procedures done at the same time if my health is good and if my family's health is good?

+1

In general, multiple procedures can be performed during the same surgery if the patient is in good health. A full physical exam is recommended prior to having any surgery performed. Following your exam, a surgical plan will be discussed with your surgeon and he/she will advise you. Nasal tip refinement is part of rhinoplasty, and will be performed during surgery if it is part of the plan discussed at your consult and pre-op appointment. Be sure to seek the advice of a board certified and experienced surgeon. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Limiting surgery to a single area enhances surgical safety

+1

hi frances53357: my best advice to most patients is to keep a surgical plan limited to a single area of the anatomy to minimize general stress to the body and keep complications to a minimum. It sounds like your planned procedures target the "same body part" and that usually works best. Check with your chosen surgeon to see if there are any special conditions that might make it wise to split up your procedures. I generally recommend surgical correction of all problems of the nose at the same time and it sound like your procedure choices would be a good combination.

Best of luck! Dr. H

Mary C. Herte, MD

Nasal surgery

+1

Rhinoplasty and tip surgery are routinely part of most rhinoplasties. If you are in good health and want it done, by all eans look into it further and go on a few consults. Good luck!

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Two procedures at the same time

+1

Rhinoplasty and tip plasty are compatible procedures that go hand and hand. There are very few reasons for not doing them at the same time.

Theodore Diktaban, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty usually encompasses tip surgery

+1

Yes, tip surgery is part of rhinoplasty surgery. In addition, a focus on function balanced with the aesthetic result is important.

Jose E. Barrera, MD, FACS
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Performing Multiple Procedures together - Are you a candidate?

+1

When deciding wether to perform multiple procedures on the same patient at the same time, I ask myself:

1) Is the patient an appropriate candidate for each operation they desire?

2) Is the patient's health adequate to undergo the time it take to do the combined procedures.

3) Are the procedures chosen safe to perform together?

4) Does the surgeon feel comfortable performing each of these patients?

If the answers are yes to each of these, then performing them together is reasonable.

Richard Greco, MD
Savannah Plastic Surgeon

Having 2 Plastic Surgery Procedures at the same time is OK

+1

Yes you can have 2 procedures done at the same time. You should discuss this with your Plastic Surgeon to see if this possible from a Surgical and Anesthetic perspective. If there are no problems the benefits of have ONE anesthetic cannot be underestimated

Naveen Somia, MBBS, PhD, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Two procedures at the same time

+1

If you are healthy, it is certainly ok to have two procedures at the same time as long as tthe procedures are not too long.

Combining Surgical Procdures

+1

It is always better to do combine surgical procedures if possible because you have one operation, one anesthetic, and one recovery. However, that will depend on what you want to have done. Please provide more information.

+1

Combination surgeries are frequently fine. The tip and rhinoplasty can be and are done at the same time.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA