Two Months Post Op, Open Rhinoplasty, How Much Longer to See Final Results? How Much Smaller I Can Expect It to Get?

I had an open rhinoplasty+septoplasty a little over 2 months ago.I did start off with a large,thick skinned nose and a bulbous tip which required a lot of work.Howevr at this time I love the shape but I am not satisfied with the size of my tip as I feel my nose is still too big for my face.I am wondering based on the description how much swelling is normal at this time + how much smaller should i expect it to get within the next few months? Can the tip become up to 40% smaller in next few months?

Two Months Post Rhino #nosejob

+2

Swelling can take up to 12 months to completely resolve. You need to be very patient with your healing. Scar takes at least one year to remodel and soften. This is one of those situations where you just need to ride this out. I almost never revise any noses for at least one year because things change so much. Then you are left with what to do if you are still unhappy at one year. I would say go back to your surgeon for a little support. If at the end of the day you feel you want a revision either go back to your old surgeon if you trust them or interview new surgeons who do lots of revisions. Give this time!

How much longer for final results

+2

an open rhinoplasty with thick skin still has a long way to go after two months, especially in the tip area. You will likely see significant change after six months and then more subtle changes after that.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

2 months

+2

It takes 6-12 month for the swelling to completely subside. 40% is a lot to expect, but you will definitely see a difference in size, it just takes time.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Results in rhinoplasty do take time

+2
Rhinoplasty, especially with thick skin does take more time for 'final' results than individuals have patience for. You will see improvment in another six to twelve months, maybe not 40%, but a significant change. Your nose will continue to change over many years, and now we know enough (we hope) to leave the support necessary so noses don't shrink and pinch after 15 to 20 years like some rhinoplasty results of years ago. Give your nose lots of time.

Rhinoplasty takes time, time, time to settle.

+2

An open rhinoplasty, especially with thick skin, can take upwards of a year to completely settle out.  Your tip may very well improve over the next 6 to 9 months, but the percentage is going to be different from patient to patient.  Give it time.

Michael Brucker, MD