Two Months After Surgery and Still Swollen, More So Under Right and Left Sides of Chin? (photo)

face/neck lift. Although there is still some swelling in front of the ears, the circled areas in the pictures have gotten more swollen and there is some loose skin under it. I'm considering Lymph drainage massage, but don't know if it is too late.... Should I wear face band again. I stopped using it almost right away because doctor said I could... I'm questioning if this was right or wrong

Submandibular Glands

+1

After defatting and skin resuspension, prominent, ptotic submandibular glands can become more noticeable.  I do not recommend resection but resuspension of the gland to anchor it.

Facelift and the Glands

+1

The area very well could represent your salivary glands as mentioned by the other surgeons.  Allow for another couple of months of resolution of the swelling.

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Swelling post face

+1

I would use heat and massage.Lymphatic massage may help as well.It is obvious from your photos you have excess swelling and it time it will go down.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Lymph drainage after a facelift is nonsense.

+1

2 months is too early to make a pronouncement about your neck.  Wearing a support strap is okay but is doen't fix anything.  You might have a bit of loose skin that can be addressed a later date but don't start planning for that now. Lymph drainage is baloney.

+1

In total agreement with Dr P. But I believe this is your final result and thus the operation was more a mini lifting than full face/neck lift in my opinion based upon the posted photos. And yes this could be the glands showing. Seek in person opinions. 

Swelling After Face/ Neck Lift

+1

Although this advice is incomplete without a physical examination and it is impossible to render an accurate judgment without preoperative photos, I can tell you that you will have some degree of swelling 2 months postop is normal; lymphatic massage will be helpful for this.  The area you have circled also corresponds to the general location of submandibular glands (salivary glands) when they are ptotic (drooping).  This is a difficult problem to address with facelift surgery because of access to this gland and risks associated with removal.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon