Two Months After Crown Lengthening--uneven Gum Line? (photo)

Hi, My 2 front teeth are dead, and I've had veneers for 12 years. One of them came off and could not be put back on. My new dentist thought that we should do a crown lengthening to give them more to grab onto/hide the darkened gum color from my dead teeth, whiten the teeth, and do new veneers (in October). Now my gum line looks uneven to the left of my left front tooth. The gum between my 2 front teeth hasn't really grown back fully. Is this a problem? Will the new teeth look ok? Thank you!

Two months after crown lengthening

The tissue around the veneers are still healing, once the tissue is fully mature you will have the new restoration placed at the level of the gingiva.  You should end up with a very nice result if done by a trained cosmetic dentist. 

Philadelphia Dentist

11905 Bustleton Ave.
Philadelphia, PA 19116

Uneven Gum Line 2 Months After Crown Lengthening

The gum is still healing. The shape looks fine. It is NOT supposed to grow back and fill in the space above your old veneers, The new veneers will be made to the new height of the gums. Should work out well!

Jay Neuhaus, DDS
New York Dentist

8 Gramercy Park South
New York, NY 10003

Final restorations will help

The tissue will take 6 months to fully mature, but the restorations can help a lot in closing the space.  To "fine tune" the tissue, some Juvederm can be placed to plump up the tissues if you aren't completely happy.

Lance Timmerman, DMD
Seattle Dentist

7100 Fort Dent Way
Tukwila, WA 98188

Crown lengthening

Hello.  Thanks for the nice picture.  I see your concerns in between the two front incisors.  The tissue is still healing and will probably take 6 months to fully mature. Get a good alcohol free anti bacterial rinse like Closys to use twice daily and floss lightly.  Do not be tempted to pick at the area with your fingers..  Try to leave it alone as it looks angry in between.  The crown lengthening will probably be fine. It just needs to heal. 

Good luck!

Sarah Roberts, DMD
Atlanta Dentist

12670 Crabapple Road
Alpharetta, GA 30004