Two Months After Crown Lengthening--uneven Gum Line? (photo)

Hi, My 2 front teeth are dead, and I've had veneers for 12 years. One of them came off and could not be put back on. My new dentist thought that we should do a crown lengthening to give them more to grab onto/hide the darkened gum color from my dead teeth, whiten the teeth, and do new veneers (in October). Now my gum line looks uneven to the left of my left front tooth. The gum between my 2 front teeth hasn't really grown back fully. Is this a problem? Will the new teeth look ok? Thank you!

Two months after crown lengthening

+1

The tissue around the veneers are still healing, once the tissue is fully mature you will have the new restoration placed at the level of the gingiva.  You should end up with a very nice result if done by a trained cosmetic dentist. 

Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist

Uneven Gum Line 2 Months After Crown Lengthening

+1

The gum is still healing. The shape looks fine. It is NOT supposed to grow back and fill in the space above your old veneers, The new veneers will be made to the new height of the gums. Should work out well!

New York Cosmetic Dentist

Final restorations will help

+1

The tissue will take 6 months to fully mature, but the restorations can help a lot in closing the space.  To "fine tune" the tissue, some Juvederm can be placed to plump up the tissues if you aren't completely happy.

Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

Crown lengthening

+1

Hello.  Thanks for the nice picture.  I see your concerns in between the two front incisors.  The tissue is still healing and will probably take 6 months to fully mature. Get a good alcohol free anti bacterial rinse like Closys to use twice daily and floss lightly.  Do not be tempted to pick at the area with your fingers..  Try to leave it alone as it looks angry in between.  The crown lengthening will probably be fine. It just needs to heal. 

Good luck!

Atlanta Cosmetic Dentist