Two Hard Visible Bumps on the Bridge and Mid Section of my Nose 1 Year After Septorhinoplasty? (photo)

I have two hard lumps one at the very top of the bridge of my nose and one at the end of the cartilage near the tip. I had a Septorhinoplasty 1 year ago. They bumps have become more pronounced as the swelling has goes down. My consultant said they could be rasped down but the skin is very thin and doesn't recommend I have it done. I have enlarged turbinates and I'm considering a Turbinectomy and wondered if made sense to have the bumps rasped down at the same time.

Risk

+1

Your skin should be the same thickness as before and if it was ok to have the surgery the first time then it should be ok to have it again so I would take the risk and have it corrected.  always get a second opinion and look at the before/after photos of whoever you choose for the correction.

Bumps and turbinate work

+1

I think that you could probably have the bumps rasped at the same time as your turbinate surgery. Good luck.

Hard Visible Bumps on the Bridge and Mid Section of my Nose

+1

Many thanks for the question. Yes your PS is absolutely right. Just follow up with him and stop looking for answers on net. Wish you good luck.

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Bumps on Bridge 1 Year Post Rhinoplasty

+1

Your consultant or your doctor made this recommendation to you? I don't understand why it was OK to do the original surgery with this thin skin but now it is not appropriate to do a minor revision. I suggest you rasp the bumps when you do the turbinate work. 

Removal of 2 Bumps after Septorhinoplasty

+1

The superior bump is probably bone, and the inferior one, probably cartilage.  These two areas can be corrected at the time of turbinectomy.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA