I Have Had Two Fraxel Treatments, One Month Apart, How Much is to Much Sun Exposure, Can U Walk to the Mailbox?

Fraxel Treatment and Sun Exposure

+1

Thank you for your question. Avoid as much sun as you can. Sunscreen every 2 hours in the sun, and wear a hat.  If you turn on the pigment cells, you will spend months fighting to get the color under control. I hope this helps!

Bay Area Dermatologist

Sun Exposure After Fraxel restore Treatment

+1

Hi Ablair,

Many dermatologists say that if you don't need a flashlight then you are receiving sun exposure.  As long as you wear a protective hat, it should be okay to go out and get your mail.  You should be applying physical sun block (titanium and or zinc oxide based) daily.  Just don't get caught out there with that next door neighbor of yours who likes to yack everyone's ear off.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

I recommend no direct sun on the skin until the redness is gone following Fraxel Laser

+1

If you have a tendency to hyperpigment, I recommend no sun at all, a shoulder to shoulder hat and a good sun block such as Larache Possay Anthelios 60 until all of the redness is gone.

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon